data error SSO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

data error SSO

I've been getting data for SSO from IB fine for weeks. Today after going live I'm getting an error message "Error in requesting historical data from IB: No security definition havs been found for the request(200)"
    What can I do to correct this? The SSO chart looks OK thru Friday but today's data (Monday) is not coming in. Other ETFs look OK and SSO looks fine in TWS.

Hello bkout,

Please create a new chart via File-->New-->Chart.

Set 'Type' to Stock and type in SSO in the 'Name' field and click Ok.

Check if you receive data for today as well.

I tested these steps on my end and received data for today.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried that twice with the same error -- no data for today. When I try to "reload historical data" I get the same errror message. What should I try next?

Comment

Hello bkout,

I suggest to close all NinjaTrader windows except the Control Center.

Connect to IB and repeat my steps once more. So do not select the SSO from your instrument list, but set 'Type' to Stock and type in SSO manually in the 'Name'-field.

Comment

Tried that and got the same result. All charts were closed and only Control window was open with active strategies showing. Next closed Ninja completely (strategies disappeared) and re-opened, connected to IB and tried to do a new chart with same result and error message. Switched to a backup workspace which is a dupe of my usual but had the same error there. BTW this is my first day live and I want to run some strategies. I unchecked "Global Simulation Mode" and checked "AT interface" -- is that right? As noted other symbols seem fine. What next?

Comment

Please uncheck 'AT Interface' and check again.

Comment

Sorry to say that didn't help. Don't know if this would be a clue but when I disconnect and then reconnect to IB I can see by way of small windows that pop up Ninja going to get historical data for ETFs SKF and SRS (which seem to run normally) and then it tried SSO which generates the error message. This is even though I have no charts or other windows open except the control center and there are no positions open or strtategies running (control ctr Strategies window is blank) -- it's as if there is another spot with these ETFs still in play (and maybe a corrupted SSO????) Could that be?

Comment

Originally posted by bkout View Post
                Sorry to say that didn't help. Don't know if this would be a clue but when I disconnect and then reconnect to IB I can see by way of small windows that pop up Ninja going to get historical data for ETFs SKF and SRS (which seem to run normally) and then it tried SSO which generates the error message. This is even though I have no charts or other windows open except the control center and there are no positions open or strtategies running (control ctr Strategies window is blank) -- it's as if there is another spot with these ETFs still in play (and maybe a corrupted SSO????) Could that be?
                Again in case this provides other clues -- I was able to open a Basic Entry window for SSO and place a limit order to buy SSO at 24.80 (it is around 25.00) which showed up OK in TWS. However I get a pop-up that says "Discretionary amount does not conform to the minimum price variation for this contract (168) Affected Order: Buy Limit @ 24.80"..........BTW I am able to open an intraday chart for SSO in TWS

Comment

Can you please check what version of TWS you have installed. You can check this under Help-->About TradersWorkStation.

Please check if you are running workspaces in the background and close them. Please go to File-->Workspaces and close all workspaces listed below "Save Workspace As" except the Default workspace. Select the workspace and go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace.

Try creating a new SSO chart once more as per the previous instructions.

Comment

TWS 889.4
                    Jolt Build 1.0.4
                    Nia Build 1.3.6
                    ModelNav Build 1.1.14
                    Java 1.5.0_14

Closed my workspace and its backup which I didn't realize was running at the same time and with only default running I'm not seeing the update pop-ups after connecting to IB but sorry to say still having the problem with the SSO chart and error message.

Comment

Please download and install TWS version 887.2 from the connection guide at the link below.

Try creating a new chart once more and check if the error persists.

If so, please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com including your IB username and password, so I can create and test your connection in regards to the SSO on my end.

Comment

sent email

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Brevo
                        by Brevo