Forex stop problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex stop problem

My stop is activating when price is 8 pips from where I place my stop . It happened twice on a simulator today on the EURUSD .

Hello starrynight,

Do you mean your stop loss was submitted 8 ticks below your entry price and got executed when market hit the stop loss?

This can be as expected when setting up an ATM strategy with stop loss set to a value of 8. Please see the link below for more information.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No , the stop triggered on a short trade when price rose ( but didnt touch the stop ) to 8 pips below the price . I did use an ATM strategy for a stop and target but price didnt hit the stop when it triggered .

The ATM strategy is programmed for a 50 pip stop and 75 pip target and I adjusted those once I was in the market .

Comment

Did you modify the stop loss below the current market price? If so, the stop loss will execute right away in your situation.

Comment

No , I placed a limit order with an ATM strategy to go short with a stop above the market and a target below it . Once the order was filled the stop was well above the market ( 50 pips ) and the target was below the market ( 75 pips ) I then moved the target and stop a little tighter but didnt move the stop below the market. The stop didnt trigger right away , it triggered when price rose to within 8 pips or so from the stop . It happened twice the same way .

Comment

Please send me your log file for the date this behavior occurred. You can find your log files at the following location:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20090112 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please include the estimate time this trade occurred as well.

Send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, reference this thread and put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header.

Comment

Ok I sent that out to you .

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DanielTynera  
              Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM