Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few questions on how in NT

Hi guys,

1. When I'm connected to my broker MBT with NT and go to my account tab in NT, my realized Pn isn't updated from my gains and losses earlier in the day.

For example, I take one trade, my starting cash value is 400, I get 30 pips ($1 per pip), I should see my $430 right. When I close down NT and come back to NT later on, the cash value is still $400. The cash value only get updated when I make another trade from that point.

I don;t know if this is an error or this is how NT/MBT work together?

2. I have by default, a live account that opens first before my simulation account. However, at 5am gmt the Sim101 account is resetting because MBT does maintenance at that time. Therefore I need to turn off NT for 5 minutes. At that time I could be in a live trade so I'm wondering how to get around this? (it didn't happen before but it happened today)

3. In NT FX Pro, in the top window where I can put orders thorough such as my stop loss order. I know I can change the order in increments of 5 tenth pips by holding ctrl and the plus and minus buttons and the mouse button. But is there any way to increase order by 1 pip or more in one mouse click? If I wanted to increase or decrease the stop by 10 pips for example, then right now I need to press crtl and press 20 times (because I have to work in tenth pips). As you can see this is unworkable.

Thanks for listening
    Last edited by pa188; 01-13-2009, 08:04 AM. Reason: more information

Hello pa188,

1. This is as expected.

2. Unfortunately there is no workaround to avoid the server reset period of MBTrading. I suggest to contact MBTrading what exactly happens upon server reset period when having a live position.

3. You can click the middle mouse button the Price field and the price will update to current price. You can use your scroll wheel to select the price you like as well.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason, thank you for your support:

2. I'm referring to a live account. When I first had NT with MBT with a live account, the server didn't reset at MBT maintainence time but now it is resetting. This only started a few days back. It must be a setting in NT that I changed somewhere.

3. "You can click the middle mouse button the Price field and the price will update to current price. You can use your scroll wheel to select the price you like as well"

I cannot click in the field and use the mouse button, you may be thinking I'm talking about the bottom of FX Pro, I'm talking about the top. Please see attached.

Thank you.
      Attached Files

Comment

2. If MBTrading resets their servers, it is not possible to disable this using a setting in NinjaTrader.

3. I see, you can use Alt + the increment button to increase 1 pip.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post zstheorist  
        Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes