NT problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT problem

I am having more and more performance problems. It often takes up to 5 minutes to load a chart template and just as long to add or change an indicator. I also am not able to run market replay data as of the last few days. System just freezes at random times...Really need some help.

thanks

Hi lindsayf, sorry to hear about your issues. Please disconnect from all feeds and go to Tools > Options > Misc and Repair your DB.

I would also recommend upgrading to the maximum amount of RAM possible for this system.

Our Performance Tips can be reviewed here - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...anceTips1.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Have repaired DB yesterday, no difference. I have defragged..I have 3 GB ram...but not dual core processor... I suspect that this issue has something to do with using a Heiken Ashi indicator or lookback periods as it seemed to start when I started looking at this indicator. I cant uncheck 'store real time data' as I use Zenfire data (no historical...is this right?)Does any of this suggest where I should look?
      thanks
      Last edited by lindsayf; 01-14-2009, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Hi - ZenFire has historical data available - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html

Depending on how many charts and DOM's you need live with the 'tick rich' ZenFire feed, I would make sure to upgrade a dual core cpu at a minimum, otherwise you can easily run into maxing out your system on incoming volume burts. You can keep an eye on your task manager for this.

Please forward your trace and logs to support at ninjatrader dot com so we can take a look at what might add to this issue. Thanks!

Comment

yes will be up grading in the coming week or 3...how do I get those logs to you? So no probs for me to uncheck'store real time data' ? this wont effect my market replay?
          thanks

Comment

Yes, you can uncheck 'Store Real time data' when using ZenFire as historical data is available from the server. This should not affect your Market Replay as long 'Run Market Replay recorder' is still checked.

You can send me the logs and trace by going to Help > Mail to Support inside NinjaTrader (please put Attn Bertrand in the subject line). Thanks!

Comment

how do I access and attach the log?
              thanks

Comment

Hi, just make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked when you send a mail from inside the software (Help > Mail to Support).

Otherwise, the logs can be found under MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 6.5 > log > the one from today would be log.20090114.txt.

Trace are in MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 6.5 > trace > the one from today would be trace.20090114.txt.

Comment

Bertrand It wont send..it has failed twice.. I will try to attach manually

Comment

Ok, yes then please attach it manually and send it to support at ninjatrader dot com and put Attn Bertrand in the subject. Thanks!

Comment

files are too big to attach..what is plan c?

Comment

I have now sent it from my private email to support @NT.com marked for your attn...thanks

Comment

Thanks, but our email is: support at ninjatrader dot com

Comment

Thanks Lindsay, got them. I would recommend upgrading to our latest 6.5.1000.8 release. You can download it by going to Help > Download Site in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hi Bertrand
                              I seem to have made some progress but problem still there..
                              I changed web browser from Explorer to Mozilla and this seems to have improved performance overall. However when ever I attempt to work with my Heiken Ashi templates the system jams up..."..not responding" This may be as you say my processor coming up against its limits but why does the Heiken Ashi indicator put so much load on the processor, as everything else seems to run ok..it is a fairly straight fwd alogorithm isnt it? Due you think that this has something to do with it...everytime I use one I have the same problem...if I dont use it I dont have a probem.......but I like using that template!!

ps: have ordered new computer...

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 07:05 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ETFVoyageur  
                              Started by Orion815, 05-02-2024, 08:39 AM
                              2 responses