Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

valhallafutures

What is you data source ??

Usually I will start NT but won't connect until all my charts have populated. I give it a L O N G time to do this. Then I connect (to ZenFire) and again leave NT to repopulate charts which may take some time. I do this each Sunday night and I do not shut down NT or the computer until Friday afternoon. So far this ritual has been working for a few months. There are as many as 16 charts which load. This computer has an AMD athlon 64 x2 dual core processor with 4GB ram. When the ninjatrader.mdb file reached 721 MB I had to delete it and start from scratch since charts would simply not load. The new one is at 571 MB and time will tell whether I I hit the same wall in a couple of months.

Comment

charts won't load: some helpful thoughts

the charts all loaded today, with all custom indicators intact, using a method I have accidentally stumbled into along the way of my daily routine, when once I was using Ninjacharts one a 2nd computer as backup to tradestation on my main computer. I noticed then that if I was a bit late to the Open and tried to load the software after 9:30am ET when the datastream became intense, it would often not fully populate my futures charts. At the time, I thought it was IB LLC's inferior data stream. But now that I'm trying to use NinjaCharts as my prime chart package instead of Tradestation, I'm using my prime data source, eSignal. ....and I notice the same phenom happening there. If I don't have the charts fully up and loaded by 9:30am ET, fogidaboudit. This is hardly an acceptable solution, and doesn't speak well to the issue of adding a second workspace or two, and then switching between them as the high volume action develops, but it does at least initially solve the problem of having my full E-mini futures workspace with supporting windows and indicators ready to trade the 1st hour or so.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
      1 response
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
      Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes