Manual exit during auto-trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual exit during auto-trading

Say I have a strategy running and am in a position. Normally the Strategy calls for a exit 30 sec before the close. I decide I want to take an early exit and do it manually in TWS. What do I need to do then so that the pending "exit" from Ninja is not sent out leaving me with an open position at the close? If I had exited the trade manually from within Ninja would that make any difference?

If you did it in TWS, make sure you stop the strategy from NT. If you do a manual trade in NT, also make sure you stop the strategy. The strategy will never know you placed a manual trade and as such you need to stop it from doing anything else.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK so I exit manually and then stop the strategy. When I re-start the strategy later or the next day will it start flat (which is correct) or will it think it is still in the position?

Comment

It will start with whatever position the strategy calculates itself to be later on in the day. It reprocesses all of your historical data, runs through it like if it were a backtest. If it comes to the current bar with a long position it will think it is long.

The strategy position and an account position are different things. You need to ensure they are in sync with each other. Please review this article: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4033
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gm7_forum, Today, 05:51 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post gm7_forum  
        Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
        1 response
        0 likes