Can NT Display This Order Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can NT Display This Order Info

Can NT display the data shown above the price chart in the short video clip below or do we need to use a different platform?

filtered order flow video clip

Bill

Originally posted by BHReach View Post
    Can NT display the data shown above the price chart in the short video clip below or do we need to use a different platform?

filtered order flow video clip

Bill
    Hello Bill,

This would need to be created using NinjaScript:

NinjaTrader advanced charting is extensible in that you can create custom indicators using NinjaScript which is based on the modern C# programming language.
    Click here for information on programming in NinjaScript
    There is a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there.
    If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our NinjaScript consultants.
    Click here for a list of certified NinjaScript Consultants
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
      Hello Bill,

This would need to be created using NinjaScript:

NinjaTrader advanced charting is extensible in that you can create custom indicators using NinjaScript which is based on the modern C# programming language.
      Click here for information on programming in NinjaScript
      There is a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there.
      If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our NinjaScript consultants.
      Click here for a list of certified NinjaScript Consultants
      Thanks 4 your prompt response.

I looked in the file sharing area but found nothing related.

I am starting to evaluate NT to see if I like it. I am not a programmer but I have used the scripting feature for other trading platforms.

If NT includes the info shown in the video clip in its data feed ( actual trades, limit orders entered, and limit orders canceled ) then filtering for size should be trivial.

The hard part would be displaying the info on screen. I do not know the C# programming language and I don't know NT's capability for printing a simple ticker style display like the one shown in the video.

What it boils down to: Does NinjaScript have significant built in functionality that makes it easy (i.e., only takes a few lines of code) to do the common things that traders like to do or is NinjaScript a 'thin shell' around the .NET Framework API?

Comment

BHReach,

What you want is possible, but it is not a simple one-liner task to accomplish it. You will need to do more coding to achieve it. If you do not wish to program this yourself you can try one of the 3rd party NinjaScript Consultants Ray mentioned earlier.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
        9 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes