Lines Drawing Tool Messing Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lines Drawing Tool Messing Up

have been having this problem recently. I'll go to draw a line or ray and when I click to draw, the line shows up on the other side of the page. Only seems to happen on non-minute charts (tick, vol, etc). Have tried shutting down and reloading, any thoughts?

This is as expected upon drawing a 'Ray', but not using a 'Line'.

Upon drawing a line you will need to click the starting point and click the finishing point of the line you like to draw.

The ray will draw a continuous line.

If I interpreted your inquiry incorrect, please provide me exact steps the reproduce the issue.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No Jason, what I meant was that when I click to draw either a line or ray, (to start the drawing), the original point of the line or ray shows up on the opposite side of the screen from where my mouse is clicking, and as I drag my mouse, it duplicates my mouse's motion, but just on the other side of the screen. So right now I draw the line, then manually move it over to where it is supposed to be and readjust to make it fit perfectly.

Comment

Strange, I have not come across this issue before.

I am not able to reproduce this behavior on my end.

Are you using only one monitor or multiple monitors?

What version of NinjaTrader do you have installed? You can check this at Help-->About. Make sure you have our current latest version (6.5.1000.8) installed.

Does it only occur upon drawing a line or ray? Or does it occur when drawing other drawing objects as well?

Comment

Jason:

am running the latest version and just re-booted to make sure. What is odd is that I do not have a problem with this on time based charts, its just on tick and volume charts. Any way I can send you an example of this? I have noticed it occuring on all drawn objects except fib retracements, those seem to be drawing fine, but line, ray, square, elipse all screwed up. Not too big a deal, but its worth checking into as its annoying.

I am running multiple monitors, but it does not matter where the chart is positioned (monitor 1 2 or 3), it just seems to be a problem when I use non-time based charts. Also, noticed when I re-loaded that the previously drawn lines are still in place on the minute charts, but are scattered all out of line on the non-time based ones. very odd indeed, as I've been running NT now for over a year and have never really encountered any trouble with the platform until recently.

Also, I have a licensed version, and the problem occurs in both sim and live trading (doubt that would make a difference but giving you all details).
          Last edited by traderTX; 01-20-2009, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Hi traderTX,

Yes, please send me an example to [email protected]. Include your latest log and trace files as well. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20090120 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20090120 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

lines are not drawn correctly when using hot key F2

Having the same problems as the above mentioned.

Comment

Hello mpk67,

Am I correct in assuming without using the Hot Key, the lines are drawn correctly?

Does the issue persists while using only one monitor by disconnecting all other monitors?

Comment

It happens in both applications, hot key or draw tools tab. I'm using 2 monitors but only happens on the monitor that I'm using and because of that have not disconnected the other monitor since my Superdom is on the that monitor.

thanks

Comment

Am I correct in assuming your second monitor does draw the drawing objects correctly; only your main monitor experiences this behavior?

Did it work correctly before?

Comment

Yes the other monitor seems to work fine when drawing lines and such, this has been a problem very recently. I thought maybe i had to much drawn tools on charts and crowding was happening so i would ease all drawn tools on charts but no avail.

Comment

Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce this behavior on my end. I am using two monitors as well, but charts on both monitors draw drawing objects as expected.

I suspect the issue is related to your monitor (settings). Unfortunately I am not sure what setting might be causing such an issue and is outside the scope of our support.

You might want to consider doing a system restore to a point in time the issue did not occur.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jaybedreamin  
                        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                        6 responses
                        0 likes