Stop Strategy Changes with Multiple Strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Strategy Changes with Multiple Strategies

encountered this problem of late. I only use one static DOM (that may be the problem), and here is whats happening: I'll have a strategy running on one contract (say ES), and then I'll change to a different instrument (say Corn), and will place an order with a different strategy type. The problem is, the trailing stop strategy carries over from the previous strategy placed. I thought that the stops, just like the stop loss and profit target, where based on the strategy chosen? I cannot figure out why this is occuring, and am now moving my trailing stops to breakeven manually.

Originally posted by traderTX View Post
    encountered this problem of late. I only use one static DOM (that may be the problem), and here is whats happening: I'll have a strategy running on one contract (say ES), and then I'll change to a different instrument (say Corn), and will place an order with a different strategy type. The problem is, the trailing stop strategy carries over from the previous strategy placed. I thought that the stops, just like the stop loss and profit target, where based on the strategy chosen? I cannot figure out why this is occuring, and am now moving my trailing stops to breakeven manually.
    Hello Trader TX,

Thank you for your post.

Are you saving your custom stop strategies as a template? Try right clicking in your stop strategy and you can then save as a template. Make sure this same template isn't in your second ATM Strategy when you place an order.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes, they are saved as a template

Comment

Originally posted by traderTX View Post
        yes, they are saved as a template
        I am unable to reproduce this.

Try the following to correct this:

1.) Please update to the latest version of NinjaTrader, 6.5.1000.8. You can check your version under Help --> About.

Download from here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm

2.) I that doesn't work, repair your database: Tools --> Options --> Misc --> Repair DB
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks RJ. Oddly enough it just started working right again...maybe just a short term glitch

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
          Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rocketman7