Historical Data with Range Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Data with Range Bars

I'm using NT with PFGBest. When trying to create Forex charts with Historical data, I notice that when using any "Range Bar Interval" setting, I can only get about 3~4 days worth of Historical Data not matter what I set the "Number of Days Back" to. Yet when using "Minute Intervals", I can get more than 30 days of data. Why am I limited on days back on Range Bars. Even if I use a high Range Bar setting of say 100, where I would only get 1 or 2 bars a day, I'm still limited to the 3~4 day history.
    Any Comments?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by zersis View Post
    I'm using NT with PFGBest. When trying to create Forex charts with Historical data, I notice that when using any "Range Bar Interval" setting, I can only get about 3~4 days worth of Historical Data not matter what I set the "Number of Days Back" to. Yet when using "Minute Intervals", I can get more than 30 days of data. Why am I limited on days back on Range Bars. Even if I use a high Range Bar setting of say 100, where I would only get 1 or 2 bars a day, I'm still limited to the 3~4 day history.
    Any Comments?

Thanks in advance.
    Hello Zersis,

Thank you for your post.

Range bars are built with tick data, check your tick chart to see how much data you receive. Also try right clicking in your chart and selecting "Reload Historical Data."
    If you are not receiving more data, than this is the limit of the tick data PFG sends NinjaTrader. Contact PFG to verify.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by zersis View Post
      Any Comments?

Thanks in advance.

I also use range bars and I had similar problems.

Instead of selecting the number of days, try selecting the start date and end date option instead.

I am able to get a month's worth of tick data from opentick.

RJay
      RJay
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Just talked to PFG. Looks as for Tick Data they only send out 96 hours worth of Historical data. And since Range Bars are based on Tick, that's why I get the limited days.

Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
        6 responses
        1 like
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes