How to adjust ATM stops via ATI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to adjust ATM stops via ATI?

Hi, I'd like your advice on implementing this scenario.
    - I enter a (stock) position by submitting a place order via .NET ATI and provide ATM name.
    - I need to have an ATM with % targets and point stops, but my understanding is that I can do one or another. If so, I would need to adjust my ATM stops right after entering a position.

For instance I enter 2 long positions
    1. MSFT [email protected]
    2. RIMM [email protected]

I need both of my ATMs to have targets: t1 30@2%, t2 30@3%, t3 40@4%.
    And I need both of them to have stops $1.00 below my entry price.

How can I do that?

I can think of 2 ways:
    1. My .NET program checks the entry order status and after I enter a position it should adjust somehow stop orders so that they are set $1.00 below entry price.

2. I have to write a ninja script which should receive an entry signal (Symbol, Qty, long/short, limit price) from my .NET program and after order fill it should create and run new ATM strategy with required parameters based on the entry price.

Thank you!

Hi Rodion, you should be able to do this all from inside your .NET program. You would need the PLACE and CHANGE commands from our ATI inferface adjusting your already created ATM Strategy template to your custom needs. For more info, please see this grid - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...arameters.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My understanding is that I should use CHANGE command to change my STOP1, STOP2 and STOP3 stop orders for my active ATM strategy.
      Then my question is where can I get strategy ID required for the CHANGE command? When opening a position with a PLACE command I provide ATM strategy Name not an ID.

- Should I provide strategy ID along with a strategy name when sending PLACE command and use this ID in my CHANGE command? If yes, how do I generate or look it up?

- Should I look up for the strategy ID after sending the PLACE command and use in in the CHANGE command?

- non of the above? )

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Rodion, you can provide a string strategy id (any string that you generate) to reference this unique ATM strategy then later for amending or modification with the CHANGE command.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 12:14 PM
        9 responses
        0 likes