Real money contracts + SIM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real money contracts + SIM?

I have been using ninja for a while and I love it. I have been trading SIM, and am wondering if, when I go live, I can trade live contracts and SIM contracts to be scaled out at different times. I know that sounds strange. For example, If i usually trade 4 SIM contracts with 5, 10, 15, and 20 point profit targets respectively, could I have the first contract be live (5 points) and the others be SIM but still plot and execute the same? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello jonbig04,

Unfortunately this is not supported. However we do support shadow strategies; link an alternative ATM strategy to an ATM strategy used for live trading.

More information can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That sounds like it would work fine. If i understand correctly, (taking from my above example) I would trade 1 contract live with the 5 point target, but my shadow strategy would execute simultaneously and a whole different strategy ( multiple targets and contracts including the 5 point target)? I could then examine separate charts of the same day, each one plotting the executions of the live strategy and the shadow strategy?

Comment

Unfortunately the order quantity of the shadow strategy is always the same, which means it is not possible to use multiple targets for the shadow startegy if the ATM strategy uses an order quantity of 1.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
        9 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes