Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ATM strategies execute after market closes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM strategies execute after market closes??

Hi,

I just began using some ATM stop strategies for live trading, and noticed that after the market closed they continued to update. Will ATM strategies continue to execute in afterhours if left active?

If the answer is yes, is there any way to disable this? Personally, i wouldn't want to take any actions in the after hours market, particularly not stop market orders. I can't imagine anyone really would or could use this if that is the case.

Please let me know!

Thanks,
    br

Hi bridenour, yes they will continue to work as those are live working orders. You could set for example a flatten time under Tools > Options > Misc (local time) and activate this via right click in any order entry menu with 'Close at time'.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

I hold my positions over night -- i would like to have them managed from an ATM strategy. However, i cant let the ATM strategy potentially sell my position with a market order after hours.

I use MB Trading. When i set a stop loss or trailing stop order with MB Trading, it is NEVER triggered by premarket or after market activity.

I need ATM strategies to work similarly, otherwise they are unusable due to the unpredictability of after hours activity.

Thanks for your help!

br

Comment

Looking at the actual orders in MB Trading, they all appear to be "Suspended". That is exactly how it works if i place stop market orders as well.

so, it looks like maybe Ninja Trader is updating the orders based on the after market price (e.g. moving up the stop), but the orders are not active and so will not ever execute outside of market hours.

Does this jive with your understanding?

thanks!

Comment

Hi bridenour, yes - as not all features are supported by NinjaTrader as you can see in the MBTrading connection guide video - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/M...ctionGuide.htm

We also recommend being careful with overnight trading, as for example OCO functionalities are locally simulated with the MBT connection. This means when you loose connection your orders cannot be properly modified by NinjaTrader.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post helpwanted  
          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes