Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference in indicators between ninja trader and other platforms

Hi all
    I'm new in this forum, and new to in the Ninjatrader using. My original plataform was VisualVhart (a well known trading plataform in Spain), starting to use ninjatrader guided by curiositi and his Replay feature.
    Well, the thing is that i've found some diference between many indicators in tics graphics.
    Exactly, i've been using 20 tics charts in DAX and Eurostoxx, using Bollinger bandas and RSI indicator, and using the same parameters in both plataforms ther resultas are completely diferent.
    For example, in Visual Chart , i've configured RSI with a 48 parameter, and bollinger bandas with 89 time factor. The same chart in ninja trader have completely diferent results, and trying to reduce this difference i've been startint move some parameters on NT, as a result , if i use 50 as Bollinger parameter, and 30 as RSI... this is the way where the difference between both graphics reduce a lot.
    Maybe someone could help me. Thanks a lot!

Hi,

The difference could easily be due to the data coming from your supplier, in that many data vendors 'compress' their tick data. For example, if 5 ticks go through the exchange at the same price, many vendors will only send 1 tick through. They do this so as not to lag in busy market periods

I use zenfire for my data vendor as they do not seem to engage in this practice. I believe they have a demo account you can use to try their service.

Comment

Correct Paul, ZenFire is a unfiltered real time feed.

There will always be difference between platforms and feeds, especially if you compare fast tick charts with each other.

I would also suggest syncing up your PC clock and rebooting, since NinjaTrader will use the local PC clock to timestamp.

Then go Tools > Historical Data and Delete the data you have accumulated for the FDAX.

After this download fresh data and compare the charts again, hopefully they are more aligned then.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's right

I've found that there's many differentes in the feeds between both providers, is very clear using 1 tics graphics , so , aproximately , one of every two that i've receive from visual is feeded by tws from IB.
        So there's no option to use it this way , and i'm getting forced to usea differente preovider o Eurex feeding.

Thanks for your quickly support!!! :-)

Comment

You are welcome, it also depends on what the individual is used to. You can get a free ZenFire trial from our partner brokers and check it out in connection with NinjaTrader, however your usual charts may need some adjusting, but then you get it unfiltered with is a big plus in my book. Have a great day!
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes