Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

patsystems error handling

Hello to all,

I am using the multibroker version and I am connected to a Patsystems broker and to IB.

Sometimes (as today) I am trading via laptop and gprs mobile phone connection from a train, and as you can immagine the internet connection drops once in a while.

I have a problem with patsystems and NT when I want to transmit or cancel an order and in that moment the internet connection is lost.
    Usually NT flags the order status as pending and it is no longer possible to remove it, even after a successful reconnection to the internet. The only cure is to exit and restart NT. Then usually in pats there is no pending order reported.
    Using IB in parrallel under the same circumstances the order status is handled correctly and it takes only a few seconds after reconnection to have the correct error status reported.

please indicate me the correct procedure to have correct order status in pats and eventually review your software.

Best regards
    Andreas

Andreas,

This depends on the broker. Not with everyone the order resides on the brokers server.

Please see here for more info on order location:

In addition we always recommend being on a high speed internet connection. A mobile connection is too unstable to trade efficiently and therefore don't recommend to use this method at all.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

patsystems under internet connection stress

ok,

the point is that under pats the oco orders are simulated on the pc.
      IB is better there because oco orders on their servers

So NT does know this and you could handle problems accordingly in your software in case of order transmission problems.
      For sure the worst solution is the situation now, which is that a pending status remains active and it is not possible to continue in NT except after exit and restart.

High quality means the quality of error handling. It is very easy to say: Faulty internet connections are your problem. They are not and good engineering can handle it.

andreas

Comment

Andreas,

Unfortunately NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader which in turn reports this back to the trader.
        The common problems that contribute to this are -
        - ISP issues
        - hardware firewall issues changing IP addresses frequently
        - Dynamic ISP address switching the address frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, a static IP address may work.
        - With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections open (10 programs making connections through the internet) windows will randomly shut down some connections
        - Broker servers having problems
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        10 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post frankthearm  
        Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
        0 responses