NT and MBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT and MBT

I'm trying to figure out if NT/MBT and OCO orders. Normally by using MBT trading platform you have TTO orders which really are OCO orders. But when used with NT, TTO cannot be used. Is there is a way to use something or equivalent OCO orders? Anyone mind going through the steps with me? Thanks for the time.

Originally posted by pa188 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out if NT/MBT and OCO orders. Normally by using MBT trading platform you have TTO orders which really are OCO orders. But when used with NT, TTO cannot be used. Is there is a way to use something or equivalent OCO orders? Anyone mind going through the steps with me? Thanks for the time.
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You can use NinjaTrader's OCO functionality, however MBT's TTO orders are not supported, therefore OCO orders are simulated on your PC.

Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi RJ, thanks for your reply.

Is there an example of how to input an OCO order anywhere in the help. I can't seem to find a suitable answer anywhere.

Thanking you kindly.

Comment

Hi,

One of the great features of NinjaTrader is its ability to submit two entry orders, one which will cancel if the other is filled.

You can accomplish a breakout/breakdown approach by:

• Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function

• For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list

• Submit your stop order to buy above the market

• For your second order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list

• Submit your stop order to sell below the market

• CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function
        MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your prompt response.

How would I input an OCO order if I'm using NT FX Pro? When I try to submit two orders, it doesn't let me ( and I have selected OCO right click menu)

Comment

Try right clicking and checking "Simulated Order" as the exchange may not allow the trades you are trying to place (contact your broker to verify), then try your order again.

Please review simulated orders here:http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview12.html
            Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
            118 responses
            1 like
            Last Post kevinenergy  
            Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes