Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

PCTools Internet Security software. Anyone running this ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCTools Internet Security software. Anyone running this ok?

I've had trouble recently being disconnected from my patsystems broker, at the precise moment I try to place an order.
    I turned off PCTools Internet Security and it looks like now all is well.

Are there any users out there successfully trading with this particular Firewall, Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam package?

saltminer

As well as trading I fix computers for a living. Can't tell you how many problems are caused or exacerbated by bloated security suites and bell/whistle firewalls.

The fact is if you have a router it is a double hardware firewall, you don't need another - but there is also the built in Windows Firewall anyway. Triple redundancy is enough except maybe for targeted businesses.

The best security is free and the best of these right now is Avira Antivir (free-av.com). Add to that a weekly manual scan with Spybot (spybot.com - untick all install options except desktop icon) plus your Windows firewall. For spam filtering, your email provider should have an option for this at their end on your email account settings web page.

If you are reasonably careful what you click on, that is the leanest most effective setup I know of. You might need a cleanup also, most people have loads of unnecessary junk programs in the background - you could check out my posts at elitetrader for details of how.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post cls71
    by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
    3 responses