Targets and stop loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Targets and stop loss

I have a simple question that i can't figure out on the dom atm strategy. Lets say i wanna enter a trade on the ym at 8000 and i want to do 2 cars, but i don't want to go all in at the market. So i go in at 1 at the market, and i put a limit order to buy at 7995. However, i want the stop loss to be averaged out (lets say -20 on the average entry price and have multiple profit targets, +10 and +40. I cant seem to do it. If i enter one at market and limit on the other, i can only have one target on both(+10) with two different stop orders based on my different entry. So i manually have to put a limit order of +10 on my average price and move my targets manually. This kind of defeats the purpose of automated trading. Can it be done?

My second question is lets say i enterd a market order and didn't have a atm strategy. Whit my previous brokers platform, I would hit send order and it would automatically send the stop loss and target emmediately. My broker told me that I have to manually enter it in. Does ninja have that function available??
    Last edited by playafh69; 01-25-2009, 06:01 PM.

Hello playafh69,

Thank you for your post.

With the ATM Strategy selection mode property set to ‘KeepSelectedATMStrategyOnOrderSubmission’ your limit order would scale into your existing position. In this case, although the entry price would change, profit targets and stop losses would remain at the same levels and would have to be adjusted manually.

However, if you changed the ATM Strategy selection mode property to ‘DisplaySelectedATMStrategyOnly’ your limit order would have its own set of profit target and stop losses which would relate to the entry price of the limit order only.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
    1 response
    0 likes