Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alert() problem

Hi,

this may be something simple, but I haven't used alerts before and I can't figure it out.

The audible alert sounds the first time one of the alerts is triggered, but never again (not even when the second alert is triggered). No visual alert ever appears. To make sure it wasn't the condition, I used the following code (on ES 03 09 343 Volume Chart, ZenFire feed):

if (Close[0] > Close[1])
    Alert("Close", NinjaTrader.Cbi.Priority.High, "Close higher", "Alert3.wav", 0, Color.Blue, Color.Yellow);
    else Alert("Close2", NinjaTrader.Cbi.Priority.High, "Close not higher", "Alert2.wav", 0, Color.Black, Color.Yellow);

I have 3 volume charts and 2 time charts open. "CalculateOnBarClose = false," so I would expect this to be triggering all the time....

Hi palinuro,

Alerts show up in the Alerts window. Please check there to see if you are receiving the alerts.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You can also try PlaySound() which will continually replay the sound while the condition exists.
      eDanny
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
        Hi palinuro,

Alerts show up in the Alerts window. Please check there to see if you are receiving the alerts.
        Just the first one for each alert I have. Again, I heard the sound each time,
        but no visual alert appeared on the chart. And they were never retriggered.

Comment

palinuro,

Then please check that you re-armed the alerts. Change your re-arm seconds to something greater than 0. I do not know what you mean "visually". There is no "visual" for alerts. The "visual" is the message in the Alerts window.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
            palinuro,

Then please check that you re-armed the alerts. Change your re-arm seconds to something greater than 0. I do not know what you mean "visually". There is no "visual" for alerts. The "visual" is the message in the Alerts window.
            OK, maybe that's it. But doesn't this -

If the same alert (identified by the id parameter) is called within a time window of the time of last alert + rearmSeconds, the alert will be ignored.

- mean that by setting it to 0, the alert will be immediately rearmed? Whereas any other value will delay the rearming? Or does 0 have a special meaning, "never rearm"?

Comment

Think of the rearm seconds like 'idletime'...if this is set for example to 5 the alert will rearm every five seconds.
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
              Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:31 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes