Lots of problems with TD Ameritrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of problems with TD Ameritrade

I am having lots of problems with TD Ameritrade today.

I have gotten several - Error - Compressed data length mismatch on different symbols. As far as I can tell these error are on historical down loads of 1-minute date for a 60 minute chart.

I have also gotten Loading Data..... popup box that says this cannot be canceled and that box just stays, and stays and never times out. We are talking waiting 5-minutes or longer. Most of the time I see this in the Market Analyzer but a few times on a chart. I have to disconnect the connection and then shut down and restart NT to clear the popup box. NT just seems to stop working as the bid/ask colums, along with the TimeLastTick colums stop updating.

Anybody else having problems with TD today?

As I am typing this message, The Market Analyzer has stopped updating and the Connected - TD Ameritrade is still showing green. I disconnected and reconnected to TD and so far everything is still working.

Hello scjohn,

Thank you for your post.

I am connected to TDA and have not had any issues.

Can you provide some symbols so I can test these on my end?

Also try repairing your database: Tools --> Options --> Misc --> Repair DB.

If you recieve these errors after repairing, let me know the instrument and the type of chart.

Thank you.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Loading Data for BBG. Had to disconnect and Exit NT to clear the Loading Data popup. I waited 4-minutes before giving up on the data being downloaded. Daily chart and 60-minute chart which are both linked to a Market Analyzer. Can not determine whethe the Data Loading was for daily or 60-minute data. As both charts were blank. So I do not know if the hand was for historical (daily, 60-minute) or for the current data. Upon restart of NT the data for BBG came immediately up daily and 60-minute.

Is there some kind of a time out that gets checked when you download data from the TD Ameritrade data servers? If there is not it would seem you need to add one so when there is a problem, and there are problems, that one does have to resort to shutting down NT to clear the hangup. At the very least, disconnecting the connection should flush/clear/drop any download in progress.

Comment

Originally posted by scjohn View Post
        Loading Data for BBG. Had to disconnect and Exit NT to clear the Loading Data popup. I waited 4-minutes before giving up on the data being downloaded. Daily chart and 60-minute chart which are both linked to a Market Analyzer. Can not determine whethe the Data Loading was for daily or 60-minute data. As both charts were blank. So I do not know if the hand was for historical (daily, 60-minute) or for the current data. Upon restart of NT the data for BBG came immediately up daily and 60-minute.

Is there some kind of a time out that gets checked when you download data from the TD Ameritrade data servers? If there is not it would seem you need to add one so when there is a problem, and there are problems, that one does have to resort to shutting down NT to clear the hangup. At the very least, disconnecting the connection should flush/clear/drop any download in progress.
        Thank you for the response.

I will forward this information to development.

Comment

I have had to shut down and restart NT 3 times so far today do to data request (historical?) to TD Ameritrade data servers. Two were on charts and the 3rd was in the Market Analyzer. Tried to upload screen clips but the files were to big.

No problems yesterday. looks like I'm going to have problems all day long today. My guess is that all 3 hangs occurred on trying to get historical 1-minute data.

All were for different symbols.
          Last edited by scjohn; 01-29-2009, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by scjohn View Post
            I have had to shut down and restart NT 3 times so far today do to data request (historical?) to TD Ameritrade data servers. Two were on charts and the 3rd was in the Market Analyzer. Tried to upload screen clips but the files were to big.

No problems yesterday. looks like I'm going to have problems all day long today. My guess is that all 3 hangs occurred on trying to get historical 1-minute data.

All were for different symbols.
            Thank you for reporting, I will send this information to development.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post giulyko00  
            Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes