Changing default reference lines for indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing default reference lines for indicators

Sorry if this is a wrong place to post a question....

I'd like to change default reference lines for indicators programmatically, e.g. – for Stochastics they drawn at 20 an 80 levels,
    I’d like to be able to change to 30 and 70 for example (or even specify parameters).

Add(Stochastics(7,14,3));
    //TODO: change default upper and lower lines -??

I’m sure it’s possible; just don’t see the right method…
    Thanks a lot.

Hi practic, welcome to the NinjaTrader support forums.

You can add those lines to your script and make the 20 / 80 an input for easier adjusting -

Code:
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=2]Add([/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]new[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2] Line(Color.DarkViolet, [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]20[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Lower"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]));
    Add([/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]new[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2] Line(Color.YellowGreen, [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]80[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Upper"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]));
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    Here's a tip how to create user defined input parameters - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=5782
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
      thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I got some errors. This is the portion of the code I'm using in my strategy:
      protectedoverridevoid Initialize()
      {

Add(Stochastics(
      7,Period,3));

Add(
      new Line(Color.DarkBlue,69,"Upper"));
      Add(
      new Line(Color.DarkBlue,31,"Lower"));
      CalculateOnBarClose =
      true;
      Add(EMA(
      9));
      Add(EMA(
      25));

AccountSize=accSize;

}

And thiese are the errors I've got:

Strategy\StochasticPop2.csThe best overloaded method match for 'NinjaTrader.Strategy.StrategyBase.Add(NinjaTrader .Indicator.IndicatorBase)' has some invalid argumentsCS1502 - click for info484Strategy\StochasticPop2.csArgument '1': cannot convert from 'NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.Line' to 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.IndicatorBase'CS1503 - click for info488Strategy\StochasticPop2.csThe best overloaded method match for 'NinjaTrader.Strategy.StrategyBase.Add(NinjaTrader .Indicator.IndicatorBase)' has some invalid argumentsCS1502 - click for info494Strategy\StochasticPop2.csArgument '1': cannot convert from 'NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.Line' to 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.IndicatorBase'CS1503 - click for info498

Any advise?

Thank you.

Comment

Hi practic, unfortunately this is not possible in a strategy - for plotting lines you can use DrawHorizontalLine() and DrawLine().

Comment

Hi Bertrand,
          unfortunately those methods draw lines on the chart section, not the actual indicator. Is there any way to supply parameters for Stochastics Upper and Lower lines? (See the picture)? Thank you.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi practic, the issue is that you use this code inside a strategy in NinjaScript and this is not possible. In a NinjaScript indicator this would of course work.

Comment

Not a problem. Is it possible to achieve that inside of the indicator code? If I create custom indicator based on Stochastics and so on?

Comment

Yes, that is what I meant practic.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post WHICKED
                by WHICKED