Why Does Nt Lose Zenfire Historical Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Does Nt Lose Zenfire Historical Data

Why when NT gets abruptly shutdown does it lose months of stored ZenFire data?
    Is this built in to try and make people pay for E-signal?
    Because thats what im starting to think.
    Because even with Interactive Brokers it doesn't lose historical data because its from there server.
    But ZenFire you store it on your pc, so why does NT erase it due to shutdowns?Why wouldn't it just start from the last position?
    I find this a little suspect.
    Because you can enable Historical data from NinjaTrader server.
    But it is BOGUS data, it isnt real its randomly generated.
    Last edited by Mike_32; 01-29-2009, 12:02 AM.

Have you tried Tools--> Historical Data--> Reload?

Otherwise try repairing your database under Tools--> Options--> Misc tab--> Repair DB.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader has detected a problem, with you, and needs to close.Please talk calm and politely to NinjaTrader next time.This request can not be aborted.

LMAO Mike32

Comment

Yeh ive done repair, it is like some of the DB files is missing.
        Reload is blanked out because I do not have historical data enabled from the NT server.Only collecting the ZenFire live data store bar data function.
        When I went to repair it gave a strange error like this.

Failed to compact DB. Old database is preserved at 'C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\\db\NinjaTrader.Old.mdb'. You need to restore manually. Error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.: You attempted to open a database that is already opened exclusively by user 'Admin' on machine 'MYMACHINE'. Try again when the database is available.

Sometimes in the past when its done it, ive repaired db, its been all ok.
        But when its a sudden machine cut out lately it gets this when I try and fix it.
        It is like the data has been deleted.
        It gets this.
        Error on loading chart data for 'NQ 03-09 Globex': Error on loading chart data for 'NQ 03-09 Globex': The provider could not determine the Object value. For example, the row was just created, the default for the Object column was not available, and the consumer had not yet set a new Object value.

Then this.

1/29/2009 4:42:10 PM|0|4|Error on loading chart data for 'ZW 03-09 Globex': Error on loading chart data for 'ZW 03-09 Globex': Record is deleted.
        1/29/2009 4:42:10 PM|0|4|Error on loading chart data for 'ZC 03-09 Globex': Error on loading chart data for 'ZC 03-09 Globex': Record is deleted.
        1/29/2009 4:42:10 PM|0|4|Error on loading chart data for 'ES 03-09 Globex': Error on loading chart data for 'ES 03-09 Globex': The provider could not determine the Object value. For example, the row was just created, the default for the Object column was not available, and the consumer had not yet set a new Object value.

All of this just because my pc shutdown because of power failure.
        Can the NT guys just make it so it saves it and starts again where it left off.
        Is it really necessary to have to go through all this everytime of a forced shutdown?

Comment

Hello Mike,

Sudden power outages can corrupt the database, which contains saved chart data.

However, the historical data from the NinjaTrader server is not canned data. The Simulated Data Feed provides canned data to practice with the software. Historical data from the NinjaTrader server is actual historical data.

Please try the following steps. Close NinjaTrader and go to My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->db delete the current existing NinjaTrader.mdb file and rename the NinjaTrader.Old.mdb to NinjaTrader.mdb.

Start NinjaTrader and create a new chart and check if the error persists.

If so, please repair the database once more and let me know happens.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

not a dig, just funny, I love NT by the way

Originally posted by bobbethgoo View Post
            NinjaTrader has detected a problem, with you, and needs to close.Please talk calm and politely to NinjaTrader next time.This request can not be aborted.

LMAO Mike32

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes