Crashes and Corruption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashes and Corruption

I've had a repeating problem of NT crashing and when it is restarted the Control Center window is empty - only File Tools Help [+/-] appear at the top of the window. In the past I've reinstalled NT and .Net 2.0. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I just had the same problem so I reistalled NT. Same blank window on startup. This time I tried a system recover to yesterday and the new installation of NT started correctly. I had saved the old NT file (in my documents) so I renamed the new installation to Ninja Trader 6.5 New and renamed the previously bad installation to Ninja Trader 6.5 and the bad installation started up corrupted ( blank window). What is actually corrupted - an .exe file or one of the support files? The system recover changed something to allow the new installation to work. If I can determine what gets corrupted I can reinstall NT, replace the corrupted file with a new one and continue without needing to go through all of the setup process.
    Last edited by ramckay; 01-29-2009, 10:06 PM.

Originally posted by ramckay View Post
    I've had a repeating problem of NT crashing and when it is restarted the Control Center window is empty - only File Tools Help [+/-] appear at the top of the window. In the past I've reinstalled NT and .Net 2.0. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I just had the same problem so I reistalled NT. Same blank window on startup. This time I tried a system recover to yesterday and the new installation of NT started correctly. I had saved the old NT file (in my documents) so I renamed the new installation to Ninja Trader 6.5 New and renamed the previously bad installation to Ninja Trader 6.5 and the bad installation started up corrupted ( blank window). What is actually corrupted - an .exe file or one of the support files? The system recover changed something to allow the new installation to work. If I can determine what gets corrupted I can reinstall NT, replace the corrupted file with a new one and continue without needing to go through all of the setup process.
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Try a complete uninstallation:

1.) Uninstall NinjaTrader6.5 from Windows Control Panel.

2.) Delete the folder \Documents\NinjaTrader6.5

3.) Search your PC for any other NinjaTrader files.

4.) Clear internet cache and history and reinstall NT6.5.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

RJStein

What are the extensions of NT files that I need to search for?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ramckay View Post
        RJStein

What are the extensions of NT files that I need to search for?

Thanks
        Hello Ramckay,

There are no other specific ones. This is just in case you saved some NinjaTrader files in other than the default locations. If not, you can skip the search step.
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi RJStein,

Thanks. I'll check.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post bmartz