Remembering chart window size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remembering chart window size

I realize that templates work fine for the chart itself, but in order to organize my workspace more efficiently, is there anyway to make the program remember the actual window size of the chart so one doesn't have to manually size each box? Thanks!

edit-The Data Box is 'always on top'. Anyway to change this?
    Last edited by bctrader; 01-30-2009, 11:08 AM.

Hi bctrader, you can save your chart layout in a workspace (File > Workspaces). http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...orkspaces.html

The full data box will unfortunately always be on top, you can also use the 'mini' one by clicking with with the middle mouse button in the chart.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. Just an idea for future versions of NT, a feature I really liked in quotetracker was the ability to right click on a chart and instantly sync all open charts to the same parameters including window size, indicators, time frame etc...
      Makes arranging a workspace quicker and more efficient!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion bctrader - you can always use the linking feature to sync any instrument changes to other 'linked' windows - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview35.html

Comment

Hi,
          bctrader is right - i must agree.
          saving a workspace does not save
          1) how big each window is
          2) where each chartwindow is placed
          if you have 5 screens + 10 chartwindows + T&S .... and you open a workspace all that stuff is at one place + nothing is sized like before. you have to place + organize it new everytime you open it.
          thats not very userfriendly.
          but by the way >> NinjaTrader rules :-)

Comment

Hi brain77, just tested this out on multimonitor setup and the charts are loaded with the correct size when opening a workspace here. Can you recheck with a new workspace and make sure it was properly saved upon exiting? Thanks!

Comment

hi bertrand,
              i played arround with the workspaces these days.
              in a new clean one the windowsize stays the same. in bigger+older workspaces with lots of things in it its not always like this.
              the windows are never at the location where i placed them - not in new, not in old workspaces.

Comment

Hi brain77, thanks please forward me the workspace where you see this issue to support at ninjatrader dot com Attn Bertrand, then I can have a look at this. Thanks!

Comment

I get the same thing, comes close to the saved state but not quite, seems like some layout that was used previously still leaves some info behind or something, ie i used to have one monitor split with two charts, no i only have one, and it always brings that chart back to fill half the monitor instead of full size like the way i closed the program and saved all. not a big deal, just confirming what others are seeing.

Comment

It would be helpful to get the workspace file where this is happening, as I cannot reproduce this over here, maybe the workspace file got corrupted. Thanks!

Comment

It's not a matter of saving the workspace, but actually creating it. Say I've got 10 windows open with 15 minute bars, and change an indicator or something on one of them and maybe another to a 5 minute. To do that to all 10 windows I would have to manually adjust each one or load individually load chart templates. With quotetracker all it takes is a right click and hit the sync all open charts to make them all the same. Granted it changes all the OPEN charts including the window size, but still very handy indeed.
                      An even better way would have some sort of option to sync linked i.e same color windows together so if you've got a little bar of charts up top and some bigger ones below not all would be affected. The linking feature has alot of potential that is not realized. If I really want to see an underlying in a linked chart all I do is punch the symbol in as it's faster than mousing over to the analyzer off to the side.
                      Last edited by bctrader; 02-10-2009, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your detailed suggestions bctrader, we appreciate them.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                        6 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post DJ888
                        by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                        0 responses