T & S display colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T & S display colors

During the day, T & S is occasionally spewing out a string of trades with the font in black, even though that color is not selected anywhere in my properties box. I am then unable to see whether a trade was a buy or a sell. Specifically, I have the buy / buy above / sell / sell above set to blue / red variations, and everything else (background colors, block trades, between colors) set to white or transparent.

I am sim-trading the ES. I have a filter for >200 and block size >200. I've experimented with the font size, etc. It does it even though I occasionally "refresh" it.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong, and how to fix it? I can try and send a screen shot if it will help. Thank you!

-Gary

Hello Gary,

I am not sure what might be causing this behavior. Please post a screenshot if possible, post a screenshot of the properties menu as well.

Do the trades that appear in black font color have any similarities?

In addition, please check what version of NinjaTrader you have installed. You can check this under Help-->About.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I started watching the pot, and now it won't boil!

Attached is the only incident so far today. This is the first instance where there was a lone black colored print... usually there is a long sequence of them, often completely dominating the T&S screen.

I'll post another screenshot when it occurs, but for now, this is the only evidence I have. Hope it's a start.

-Gary
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for reporting back. I suspect the 'Between fore color' set to Transparent is causing it to appear black. Could you please set it to white or a different color and check if the issue persists.

Comment

Thanks! I tried that, but the problem persists. Changed the size filter just for the example. Example attached.

-Gary
          Attached Files

Comment

Can you please tell me what version of NinjaTrader you have installed. You can check this under Help-->About.

Does the issue persists when the T&S window is not windowlinked?

In addition, please send a screenshot of the Font properties settings by clicking the plus box.

Comment

Thanks for your continuing help on this!

Requested screenshots appended. Also my computer specs just in case.

Gary
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Gary,

Please install our latest version (6.5.1000.8) on top of your current version at the link below.

Check if the issue persist.

Comment

Thanks! I should have thought of that. Due to a firewall, the soonest I'll be able to DL the new version is this weekend. I'll get back to you as soon as I get the results, Monday or Tuesday. Thanks again!

Gary

Comment

I think that the problem may be related to volume coming through the "pipeline." It seems to happen around times of fast, heavy volume. There were some instances yesterday (attached), as well as some today right after the 10 am CST announcement. I'm not positive, I'm just starting to draw some cause / effect theories.

Updated to current NT.

Thanks!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Gary,

I see. Could you please tell me what connectivity provider you are connected to.

Try setting 'Timer refresh' to False and check if this will make a difference.

Comment

I'm not sure about the provider. I'm on the floor of the CBOT and they tell me that the ethernet goes through what they call the "interstitial" which is a hub of computers. I can tell you that it's built for speed and reliability, tho.

Tried the false setting, and it's still happening, but with less frequency. Screenshot attached. I can't seem to draw any direct correlation with volume, but that's all I can think of right now.

Thanks!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Current example.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Gary,

I noticed in your latest screenshot you connect with Zen-Fire.

I am testing the ES 03-09 as I type using the Zen-Fire connection, however so far I have not seen rows in black.

Try replacing 'White' by a different color, such as grey and check if this will make a difference.

Comment

Wasn't sure which field you meant so I changed them all to grey. -Gary
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by suroot, 04-10-2017, 02:18 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post truepenny  
                              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes