Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Pay $100 for "advanced" training???!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    imported post

    mkreegar wrote:
    QuahTrader,

    The Porshe and BMW examples simply have no relevancy to this topic. Porshe and BMW DO NOT Charge extra for information as to the basic functions and/or features of their cars. And basic funtions are what we are discussing here.

    Matt
    IMO, this isn't about the info that is being taught - it is the manner in which it is being taught.

    Yes, BMW gives you a owners manual for free - so does NT. Yes, BMW will answer any questions you have about the operation of the vehicle - even if those answer can be found in the owners manual - so does NT.

    BMW does not offer you a FREE class where they spend 3 or more hours going over the functions of their car with you. Basic function or advanced functions. Neither does NT.

    I guess I don't see any validity to your argument here. You are saying that all that will be taught is the operation of NT - well, you can learn that from reading the manual and/or by asking question in this forum - for FREE. If you want/need additional instruction/example giving- well, you have to pay for that. I don't see anything wrong with that.

    The only problem I'd have with it is if there were some "secret" features that would only be taught to users that register for the class. But that doesn't seem to be that case at all, and I'd be very suprised if it was.

    Comment


      #17
      imported post

      Agree with Matt. What is on offer is training. Not advanced training. Just training. What is on offer is what is already available for free on the web site. The itinerary confirms this. There will be no learning how to drive the Ninja car really super fast. That's just marketing hype pure and simple! Cashmein and Quah are making the naive assumption that there will be more to learn than is already covered by the free materials. Wrong!

      The videos were recorded using live data and the simulator, so why would anyone pay $100 for the same thing? In fact you could argue that the videos are BETTER than live because you can pause them, think about it, etc. I'll tell you why some people will pay $100. Because aspiring traders think that Ray knows how to trade more successfully with NinjaTrader then they do. It's that simple. There is no other explanation for it.

      What a naive assumption to make! How is developing software in any way connected to making money with it?

      Should all training be covered in the monthly fee? Of course it should. But when a bunch of newbies start saying "oh please show us the way" then the smell of dollar signs is too great to ignore. Ray is running this course and charging $5,000 for six hours of his time, because he CAN. It's called the greedier side of capitalism caused by a lack of competition in the market.

      A while ago, there was a guru (correction: a respected author!) floating around the Ninja forum called Michael Jardine aka 'Enthios'. He provided/provides a ton of free resources at his web site. He also used to provide an optional "advanced" area where he charged $300 a month without any free trial or money back guarantee. Utterly unscruplous! Enthios likewise used this argument about it being "optional". But it's always the newer and aspiring traders who think they need to sign up for "advanced" knowledge/training. It's always these folk that are preyed upon by vendors.

      Ray hasn't yet slumped to the level of 'Enthios' (who also censors anything of a critical nature) but this latest fee for "advanced" training is a step in the wrong direction.

      Having LLC costs doesn't justify this $100 charge either. Unless there is full disclosure of revenue and expenses for the LLC - I take it with a pinch of salt as to exactly what Ray's time is worth.

      Call me a cynic if you like, but I've seen it all too many time before ...

      Comment


        #18
        imported post

        QuahTrader wrote:
        BMW does not offer you a FREE class where they spend 3 or more hours going over the functions of their car with you.� Basic function or advanced functions.� Neither does NT.
        Yes it does. Video tutorials on the web. Already there. If you just want to see how one guy trades live with it - I'll charge you $50 to watch me for six hours. Sound fair?

        Comment


          #19
          imported post

          Simon wrote:
          Cashmein and Quah are making the naive assumption that there will be more to learn than is already covered by the free materials. Wrong!
          Wow, I never even came close to saying that - in fact, I said that the "live" training probably wouldn't provide anything that you couldn't already get from the manual or through this forum.

          What I'm saying is that if anyone wants/need training beyond/in a different format than either the manual or this forum - then I don't see a problem with having to pay extra for that.


          Comment


            #20
            imported post

            QuahTrader wrote:
            What I'm saying is that if anyone wants/need training beyond/in a different format than either the manual or this forum - then I don't see a problem with having to pay extra for that.
            I have a problem with it! If I'm being told that it costs $100 then I'd expect something other than what I can find for free via the existing video tutorials. Indeed, when it's being marketed as "Advanced Training" and as learning to drive "on a race track" (Ray's words) then as a new user I might logically conclude that I was getting something unique.

            Basic training should be covered in the monthly fees - period. There is no justification for this cost. If newer traders want to see how someone APPLIES NinjaTrader to their own personal trading - that is an entirely separate issue. But again, Ray is not advertising this session as how he personally trades with Ninja.

            But hey, in the end, people can spend their money how they like. If someone wants to throw $100 around for no reason - good luck to them. I just don't like the business practice of hyping something that is nothing new, and then charging crazy money for it. $5,000 for six hours of his time? Gimme a break!

            Jeez, I could charge half that amount and let people watch me TRADE with Ninja ...as in, real live personal trading - no simulators. But I guess I'm not an "expert" and I have nothing to sell. I'm just a trader, so who'd be interested in that?!

            The only thing unusual about Lord Deux is that he still hasn't censored my arse for being so critical. I guess that's my privilege for being a version 1 beta user long before the LLC was born! Things were a wee bit different back in those days. Ray would've been kicked all over the place if he'd tried to charge this money from the original gang - many of whom are sadly no longer around.

            Comment


              #21
              imported post

              Quah (or others): If you say you are a succsessful trader then I will gladly pay you $100 to watch you trade for 6 hours (3 hours each for 2 days) as long as you give some advice and explain your technique as you trade. I am quessing that you are talking about futures (emini) trading? I would also need info on what software you use (other than NT) and basically how you use it. No this is no joke. I have $100 with your name on it. Maybe we could setup a web cam or something? Not sure if that would work? What about the software that is used for the free NT training could we use that?

              Comment


                #22
                imported post

                Simon wrote:
                Basic training should be covered in the monthly fees - period. There is no justification for this cost. If newer traders want to see how someone APPLIES NinjaTrader to their own personal trading - that is an entirely separate issue. But again, Ray is not advertising this session as how he personally trades with Ninja.

                But hey, in the end, people can spend their money how they like. If someone wants to throw $100 around for no reason - good luck to them.
                I don't get it. This type of training doesn't sound like anything that you would need - free or not - so why do you care?

                He specifically says what the training will include - and how much it will cost - it's all spelled out in black and white. You are free to buy it - or not. No one is being forced to do anything - or tricked into anything. You make it sound like there is some sort of scam going on - and it, IMO, is far from it.

                This really isn't anything new in this industry. Almost any software package you can buy (trading related or not) offers training on both basic and advanced functions for a fee. I'm usually not interested in these training sessions because I can RTFM and train myself most of the time. So I choose not to pay. This is nothing new under the sun.

                Comment


                  #23
                  imported post

                  QuahTrader,

                  I guess we can all agree on at least on thing: You really don't get it!

                  Matt

                  Comment


                    #24
                    imported post

                    Well I was getting some value out of the discussion but since it has now reached the inevitable mode of personal criticism and gross group assumptions I will now gracefully withdraw and add yet another negative opinion about electronic forums. I used to proceed well beyond this point in other forums only to find there was no turning back. It reminds me of a black hole, ever spiraling into a void of grade school mentality, name calling and juvenile behavior. Ah, the human condition, such a sure bet.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      imported post

                      I am looking to use NT, to the fullest as quickly as possible. If I understood what the advanced training was/is, I wouldnt care what you charge if I made money from your lessons. Personally, $100 is nothing compared to a loss I can suffer my pushing the wrong button.

                      Have you considered coming to NYC, renting a hotel seminar room and teaching a classroom setting? I can help with arrangements if this is something you would consider.


                      Comment


                        #26
                        imported post

                        Something we would consider in the future.
                        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

                        Comment

                        Latest Posts

                        Collapse

                        Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Rubix, Today, 09:31 PM
                        0 responses
                        3 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Rubix
                        by Rubix
                         
                        Started by ark321, Today, 05:12 PM
                        1 response
                        16 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_EricB  
                        Started by futurenow, Today, 09:08 PM
                        0 responses
                        2 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post futurenow  
                        Started by ezrollin, Today, 08:51 PM
                        0 responses
                        8 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post ezrollin  
                        Started by fafafdenis, Today, 04:56 PM
                        1 response
                        5 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_EricB  
                        Working...
                        X