How to edit a bad price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to edit a bad price?

I created a one year daily chart of VTI and noticed 2 bad prices.
    I exported the data and corrected the bad prices in a text editor and then successfully imported the data back into NT. Tried both reloading the data into the existing chart and recreating a new chart but still had the bad data.

In researching this problem I found a post from 2007 where NT indicated an internal data editing feature was in development. Has this happened and I just missed it?

In any case, how do I get NT to use the "successfully imported" and corrected data?

Thanks, John

Originally posted by dougfir View Post
    I created a one year daily chart of VTI and noticed 2 bad prices.
    I exported the data and corrected the bad prices in a text editor and then successfully imported the data back into NT. Tried both reloading the data into the existing chart and recreating a new chart but still had the bad data.

In researching this problem I found a post from 2007 where NT indicated an internal data editing feature was in development. Has this happened and I just missed it?

In any case, how do I get NT to use the "successfully imported" and corrected data?

Thanks, John
    Hello John,

Thank you for your post.

1.) The "internal data editing" feature is not supported currently. No information as to when that may happen.

2.) Try importing your data while being disconnected and see if it imports correctly.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I disconnected from my feed, reimported the data, and recreated the chart which did use the correct data.

However, I then reconnected to my feed which automatically reloaded the bad data.

Anything else I could try?

John

Comment

Originally posted by dougfir View Post
        Thanks for the prompt reply.

I disconnected from my feed, reimported the data, and recreated the chart which did use the correct data.

However, I then reconnected to my feed which automatically reloaded the bad data.

Anything else I could try?

John
        John,

Review this link on when NinjaTrader loads data: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I reviewed that link and tried every combination of suggestions therein.

No matter what, when I reconnect to my data feed, EVERY chart is reloaded, regardless of stop/start dates. Thus the bad prices come back.

Got to be a better way.

John

Comment

Unfortunately there is no other workaround. NinjaTrader 7 will have improved chart capabilities. Its beta version is expected to be released the second quarter of 2009.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes