NKD - strange unrealized PnL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NKD - strange unrealized PnL

Ninja shows strange unrealized PnL for NKD (the Dollar-denominated Nikkei 225 Futures Contract traded on Globex), but calculates the realized PnL correctly - at least in simulated trading. How come, and does this apply to live trading, too? I checked the settings for the instrument, and they seem to be ok (point value = USD 5, tick size = 5).

Please be aware that your unrealized won't include any commissions you have added. Other then that I am not sure what would make them differ. Try left clicking on the PnL box to cycle it through points, percent, and currency to make sure you viewing the display you want.

Other then that you may want to try reseting your instrument. If that is the case send a note to support AT ninjatrader DOT com attn Jessica and I will send you a screen shots of the instrument setup.
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was running a Ninja Script, and just seconds before the program closed the position (realized PnL -$50, or -2 ticks), the unrealized PnL was something in the order of $35000 (should have been between 0 and -$50). I'll do more tests today...

Comment

Please keep me posted and I have attached screen shots of the instrument setup.
        Attached Files

Comment

This issue relates to algo trading, NKD and Sim account. My NKD settings are similar to yours. Its the unrealized PnL column in the Control Center / Strategies sheet that goes wild when the position is open and price changes occur. Pls take a look at the attached picture. The profit target / stop-loss was +/- 2 ticks (+/- $50 away), and they have proven to function as expected. Can you reproduce this phenomenon?
          Attached Files

Comment

Please try repairing your database and reseting your instruments.

Tools--> Options--> Misc--> Repair DB

Tools--> Options--> Misc--> Reset Instruments

Comment

Did that, but didn't get rid of the problem - a lot of minus or plus when the position is open (but to correct direction though!), and correct realized PnL. Can you reproduce this?

Comment

We are not able to reproduce so I would suggest a complete reinstall.

If you still have the issue please send a note into support so we can trouble shoot further.

Comment

Just reinstalled Ninja about two weeks ago after system crash (the database got corrupted). It has been working well ever since. Could this somehow relate to my system/OS settings? What *in principle* could produce this phenomenon? Pls note that this only relates to algo trading - e.g. no problems with Super DOM (unrealized PnL gets calculated right) - and only to NKD (of the USD denominated instruments I have tried). Special feature of Sim (no live trading experience with Ninja)?

Comment

Originally posted by jp_kettunen View Post
                    Just reinstalled Ninja about two weeks ago after system crash (the database got corrupted). It has been working well ever since. Could this somehow relate to my system/OS settings? What *in principle* could produce this phenomenon? Pls note that this only relates to algo trading - e.g. no problems with Super DOM (unrealized PnL gets calculated right) - and only to NKD (of the USD denominated instruments I have tried). Special feature of Sim (no live trading experience with Ninja)?
                    Hello,

Data can become corrupt for any number of reasons, however the most likely is unexpected PC shutdowns or disconnects.
                    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Reinstalled Ninja, but did not get rid of this peculiar phenomenon. My gut feeling now points into the direction of the platform or Sim101 account. What next?

Comment

Originally posted by jp_kettunen View Post
                        Reinstalled Ninja, but did not get rid of this peculiar phenomenon. My gut feeling now points into the direction of the platform or Sim101 account. What next?
                        Jp,

Can you send in your trace and log files for a day when this issue occurred, today if possible?

Send to Support AT Ninjatrader DOT com.

Trace File: \Documents\NinjaTrader6.5\trace\(date of issue)
                        Log File: \Documents\NinjaTrader6.5\log\(date of issue)
                        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

They're coming, strange if you cannot reproduce this thing with your systems...
                          Remember that the only anomaly I have noticed is the unrealized PnL in the strategy sheet when the position is open, while the realized PnL seems to be more in sync with reality... Cheers, and good hunting

Comment

COMPLETELY UNRELATED, MULTI-INSTRUMENT-RELATED QUESTION:
                            Let's suppose that my primary bars object is NKD 03-09 and secondary bars object is ES 03-09. In such a case, is there any way of buying and selling NKD from inside OnBarUpdate() when BarsInProgress == 1?! I am asking this because trading NKD is challenging due to the relatively low volumes (and rare incoming ticks). Any other way of circumventing this obstacle?!

Comment

Sure. Just submit the order when BIP == 1. On all of the submit methods you have a signature that allows you to define which BIP you want to have the order submitted against.
                              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post PaulMohn  
                              Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes