Collapse

Bug with optimizer when changing parameter type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a variable defined as a double in the code.
    Then when I run a backtest (for instance) and change the value (from the default that is defined in the code to another value), it changes to the new value in the window, I hit submit, back test runs, results are shown (however the changed value was not submitted - the coded value was used) so results are incorrect. I open the backtest window, the value is still the same as defined in the code (not the new value that I wanted to run the backtest for).

I'm not sure I can make it any clearer.

Now what adds to the confusion, I'm back testing and changing a number of variables at the same time (for the same test). By changing I mean setting different values from the ones I have defined in the code.

There are instances that two of them (the new defined values that I have changed to backtest for) are used for the back test and the third does not. The third value is still the same as the coded value and not the value that I have selected to backtest for.

By value I mean variable "public int xyz = 3;"...
    3 would be the value set in the code and the new value would be 5.
    Even though I select 5 in the backtest wizard, the back test happens on 3.

Comment

Hi pureporsche, it would be helpful if you could post the strategy where you see this issue.

We would recommend you add inputs to your strategy to change the values to backtest on-the-fly.

Are you sure you set all references in the code correctly for your 'xyz' variable example?

Please check this link for creating user defined inputs in your code - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=5782
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand, thanks for that link.

It appears I had bound the variable to a specific range and was requesting a backtest/optimization for a value outside that range.

Perhaps it may be a good idea to create an alert (as you have if the min value is bigger than the max - when optimizing) if the value set is outside of the bound range.

Thanks again!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes