Commissions on Account Performance Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commissions on Account Performance Tab

Under Tools/Instrument Manager, I've added commissions to each instrument that is traded. In the main tab's Executions tab the commissions are showing properly however under the Account Performance tab, under the Summary tab and the Executions tab the commission are showing 0.

How do I get the correct commissions to show under the Account Performance tab?

thanks,
    shawnj

Hello shawnj,

Thank you for your post.

Were the trades you are looking to see commission on placed before you setup commission? Only trades made after setting up commission will list commissions.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The trades were made after I set up commissions. I deleted the instruments from the instrument list and then readded them after adding the commission to the instrument just to make sure.

What seems strange, as I said below, is the commissions are showing up correctly in what I'm calling the "main tab's" Executions tab whereas under the Account Performance tab's Executions tab the commissions show as 0 after hitting the Generate button. Everything else in the Summary tab and Executions tab looks correct.

Is there a seprate setup somewhere for setting the commissions for the Account Performance tab?

Comment

Hello shawnj,

Please confirm that in the Tools > Options > General Tab, the 'Apply commission to PnL calculations' checkbox is checked.

Comment

Thanks .

Comment

OK, I've got the commission showing correctly with realtime and sim trading however when running in Replay mode the commissions are still showing $0.00. I've setup the commissions in the Instument Manager as I stated below and I've checked "Apply commission to PnL calculations".

How do we get the commissions to show properly in the Account Performance tab when running in Replay mode?

thanks,
            shawnj

Comment

Hello,

This will need to be tested. I feel the commissions are included in the Market Replay. Someone will test this and respond to you on Monday. I cannot test it now because I do not have any data recorded and the market it closed.
              DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello shawnj,

Can you please ensure you entered commissions under 'Replay' in the Misc-tab of the Instrument Editor window that appears upon clicking Edit while an instrument is highlighted in the Instrument Manager.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So now how do I get Chart Trader's PnL display to reflect commissions. I have enabled Chart Trader Properties/ "Show realized PnL when flat". This PnL display does not have commissions subtracted from it. The Account Performace tab is now showing the PnL correctly but the Chart Trader is not.

thanks,
                  shawnj

Comment

Hello shawnj,

Thank you for your reply.

If you are connected to the Market Replay connection, PnL should report accurately.

If you are not, depending on which datafeed you are connected to your PnL values may exclude commission. More information is available at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=5474

Comment

Thanks. That link answered my question. I realize it's api dependent but it seems strange that commissions are not included.

Comment

Clarification on Commissions

Can anyone advise whether or not commissions are included in the average winning/losing trade, and largest winning/losing trade (when in currency mode). I know that commissions are included in the Total Net Profit, but can't figure out if the commissions are included in the other figures.

Comment

Hello TradeWizard,

It does include commissions. Please see the screenshot and the link below.
                          Attached Files
                          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Commissions not subtracted from realized for Zen-Fire

Is there anyway I can have the commissions from live trades subtracted each trade to reflect the true realized profit or loss for my Zen-Fire account in control center accounts tab? I've set up individual commission amounts for every instrument I trade. Commissions are subtracted in replay and backtesting but not in real-time live trading. I have Mirus/RCG as broker.

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, that is not currently possible due to a limitation of how the API communicates with NinjaTrader. This is something we hope to work around in the future however.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Sparkyboy  
                              Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
                              21 responses