Data not importing correctly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data not importing correctly?

I'm trying to figure out backtesting with NinjaTrader. I wanted to use Ninja for backtesting and possibly automated trading, and I actually signed up awhile ago. Guess I'm stupid, because I just don't get the clue, I keep trying.

I've spent most of the night trying to get some 1min forex data into the proper format. Finally, after much swearing, it's in a text file named EURUSD. I created an instrument, but for some reason it wasn't letting me create a currency, so I simply created an index, with a tick size of 0.0001 and name EURUSD.

Imported, and NT told me it imported successfully. Just tried to run a backtest, and I get nothing. I tried backtesting using some yahoo daily data on DDM, using the reload function. That worked. So I'm confused, I know this strategy should is showing trade signals during the imported data, but I can't figure it out. There are no other instruments that it "created"....so I'm under the impression the successful import went into the instrument I created.

What gives? Is the data not there? I really want to get to use NT, but gdamn, this is beginning to be a real pain in the ass. Guess it's a good thing I'm stubborn?

Thanks in advance for the help folks.

Hello jwork101,

The .txt file name needs to be the same as the instrument name in NinjaTrader. Please rename the file $EURUSD and import the .txt file as per the instructions at the link below.

Once imported successful, I suggest to create a chart for the $EURUSD without being connected to any data feed and check if the imported historical data is displayed in the chart to double check if the historical data is present.

If so, please perform a new backtest for the $EURUSD. Instructions and more information regarding backtests can be found at the following link.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post kujista
    by kujista

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 04:32 PM