Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session Times in Range Bar Chart

Hi there,
    When I setup range bar charts off my Interactive Brokers feed for SPI 03-09, it always gives me range bars including both the day and night sessions, even if i go into properties and change the session start and finish times to just the day session. Is there anyway I can force the chart to display range bars just for the day session?

Hello pcrage,

Upon setting the session begin and end times to reflect the day session only, it should only display the day session in the chart. I tested this on my end and it worked as expected.

Please tell me what times you entered as session begin and end times and what time zone your PC is set to.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,
      I have tried again this morning and the bar starts at the right time however when i choose 3 days back from the data series it only gives me todays bars. If I choose a number of bars back instead (say 10 or 20) it gives me incomplete historical bars. I have "store real time bar data" selected in the data options, should I switch this off? I am in GMT +10 timezone and have selected 9:50am and 4:30pm as the session start and finish times.

Comment

Hello pcrage,

Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Reload Historical Data'.
        If this is not available you must be using the free license, which does not support historical tick data; only using a live license supports historical data with IB.

If you do not have access to historical data, NinjaTrader will load the historical data from your database and it seems the requested historical tick data is not available; you did not receive it in real-time.

Comment

Hi Jason,
          When I rightclick inside the chart the reload historical data option is greyed out (although it is available in my 1min and 5min standard charts). So for these Range charts to work properly with an IB feed I will need to purchase a license for Ninja Trader? Also is it best for me to have "store realtime bar data" checked or unchecked at the moment?

Comment

Hello pcrage,

Unfortunately historical tick data is not supported at all with IB as you can see at the link below.

A live license will not make a difference in this regard.

I suggest to enable it to store incoming tick data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
            10 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Leafcutter  
            Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes