Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

IB - Why is actual TWS 891 not supported in NT 6.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB - Why is actual TWS 891 not supported in NT 6.5?

The actual TWS from Interactive Brokers is 891 and includes a couple of good features (and most likely bug fixes).

Why is NinjaTrader (6.5) not updated to use this current TWS version, or can we expect an update soon? The reuired version is 887 from a couple of months ago and is missing quite some important features!

Is NT 6.5 just not tested (or just not approved) or would it not work at all under TWS 891, or are there certain issues which might not be of relevance for some users?

As I had to downgrade, meaning uninstalling the actual TWS, would I also need to downgrade IBs API (9.6 atually). Or does that have nothing to do with NT? And, do you know if I still can use the latest 9.6er API with the older 887 TWS?

Thanks!

Hello BillCH,

The current supported TWS version with NinjaTrader is 887.2. We have not tested version 891. It could work under version 891 as well, however if you experience any issues why cannot explain, we would suggest downgrading to version 887.2.

I checked the website of Interactive Brokers and found the following link.

I believe the information in this link would indicate API 9.6 is supported with version 887.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No need to install TWS API. Just have TWS installed as per our web site. NT takes care of the rest.

Comment

Thank you guys for your always quick replies!

Is it right, that you have not heard of any problems with the actual TWS 891? In other words, I might well try to work with it?

On my backup PC (where I do the programming) I have 890 installed and running NT with paper trading account on that 890 doesnt seem to give any problems. But I just tried it out.

Thx

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        1 response
        0 likes