Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBV crashes platform

Hi,

Every time I used the on balance volume indicator, it crashes NT without fail. Sometimes instantly, sometimes 2 minutes, but always under 5 minutes of use. Platform freezes, can't do anything except force quit.

I have an idea why - the volume figures, from FX (esignal feed), are extremely high (in the millions). I think it's these high numbers that's crashing NT. Any chance someone could look into it?

Thanks

Hello triphop,

Can you please check the Log-tab for any error messages at the time you applied the indicator.

Try applying the indicator on a chart will less historical data and check if it will load.

I tested the indicator on my end and it took a few moments to load the indicator.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason. I just checked- nothing ominous in here:

3 crashes, and here's the log:
      09/02/2009 12:57 Default Automated trading enabled (port 36973)
      09/02/2009 12:56 Default Vendor assembly 'Final.TPOChart' version='6.5.1000.8' loaded.
      09/02/2009 12:56 Default Current license: Type=SimulationOnly State=Verified StartDate=01/01/2005 EndDate=01/12/2099 Collective2 Dtn ESignal External OpenTick Provider2 Replay Simulator Yahoo Gain FFastFill Hosted InteractiveBrokers MBTrading Patsystems Provider1 Tda TrackData TradingTechnologies AdvancedStrategyManagement AutomatedTrading BasicEntry Charting SuperDom
      09/02/2009 12:56 Default Session Break (Version 6.5.1000.6)
      09/02/2009 12:56 Default Verifying license at primary server...
      09/02/2009 12:47 Default Automated trading enabled (port 36973)
      09/02/2009 12:47 Default Vendor assembly 'Final.TPOChart' version='6.5.1000.8' loaded.
      09/02/2009 12:47 Default Current license: Type=SimulationOnly State=Verified StartDate=01/01/2005 EndDate=01/12/2099 Collective2 Dtn ESignal External OpenTick Provider2 Replay Simulator Yahoo Gain FFastFill Hosted InteractiveBrokers MBTrading Patsystems Provider1 Tda TrackData TradingTechnologies AdvancedStrategyManagement AutomatedTrading BasicEntry Charting SuperDom
      09/02/2009 12:47 Default Session Break (Version 6.5.1000.6)
      09/02/2009 12:47 Default Verifying license at primary server...
      09/02/2009 12:41 Connection mikeesignal: Primary connection=ConnectionLost
      09/02/2009 08:48 Connection mikeesignal: Primary connection=Connected
      09/02/2009 08:48 Connection mikeesignal: Primary connection=Connecting
      09/02/2009 08:48 Default Automated trading enabled (port 36973)
      09/02/2009 08:46 Default Vendor assembly 'Final.TPOChart' version='6.5.1000.8' loaded.
      09/02/2009 08:46 Default Current license: Type=SimulationOnly State=Verified StartDate=01/01/2005 EndDate=01/12/2099 Collective2 Dtn ESignal External OpenTick Provider2 Replay Simulator Yahoo Gain FFastFill Hosted InteractiveBrokers MBTrading Patsystems Provider1 Tda TrackData TradingTechnologies AdvancedStrategyManagement AutomatedTrading BasicEntry Charting SuperDom
      09/02/2009 08:46 Default Session Break (Version 6.5.1000.6)
      09/02/2009 08:46 Default Verifying license at primary server...

It's version 6.5.1

I only use 30 days of data too...
      Last edited by triphop; 02-09-2009, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Please install our latest version NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.8 on top of your current version at the link below.

Check if the issue persists.

I suggest to have only one chart opened and apply the OBV indicator. Wait a few moments for the indicator to be calculated and display.

Comment

Right you are...

Just installed it, and same issue. Are you using currency volumes? As I say, I'm sure it's something to do with the sheer numbers here.

It loads it straight away, then you scroll around the chart, and it freezes.

In every other use, any other indicator, workspaces, charts stretching back for 100s of days etc, it works fine

Comment

Yes, I am testing the EURUSD while connected to eSignal using a 1 minute chart with a default look back period of 15 days.

I experience sluggishness as well upon scrolling the chart. I suspect the volume values are related. NinjaTrader acts like a radio receiver in that we display data as it is provided. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do regarding the volume values; these are sent this way from eSignal to NinjaTrader.

Comment

I don't even have a data connection on when I do this - it crashes every time. Try 15 minute charts

Worse still, some of my custom indicators have disappeared since upgrading. I've just tried to reinstall them and it says "you have custom ninjascript errors on your PC that must be resolved before importing."

So I tried to delete any external indicators, and it says the file is referenced by other file and has dependencies, you cannot delete!

I have no workspaces open.

I have opened up a can of worms!

Comment

Hello triphop,

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling an indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you’re wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies. Not just one.

1) Open NinjaTrader
                2) From the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
                3) Select an indicator and double click on it.
                4) A new window will appear and you will need to right click and compile the indicator.
                5) At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
                6) From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

Please see more information at the link below regarding debugging NinjaScript files.

If you are unsure how to debug, you can always delete the NinjaScript file that contains the error.

Once all your NinjaScript files compile successful, you can import additional NinjaScript files.

Comment

In desperation I tried a system restore which has completely knackered my installation.

This is so frustrating. Now I'm losing valuable time and I really don't know what to do.

Let's just get back to where we were.
                  6.5.1000.6 isn't available any more - my original version.

I've now installed .7 in the hope that'd work. It does, but all indicators are generating that error. I tried the below; but says cannot delete because of dependencies. All indicators are generating errors

Pls hlp asap

Comment

Even deleting the contents of an indicator and saving doesn't work. Still says cannot delete due to dependencies.

OK, time is ticking very loudly here. Scrap my workspace, scrap everything; I just need this thing working again. I didn't realise upgrading was so shaky.

Comment

Jason, any chance we can sort this over MSN now?

Comment

Anyone? The entire application is now screwed, won't show charts at all. All I did was upgrade!

Uninstalled.

Reinstalled.

Same.

The whole upgrade process has cost me... we won't go there.

I'm gutted.

Comment

Hello triphop,

I am a little later with my response than usual, since I had my lunch break.

Please use the following instructions:

Create a backup using the instructions at the link below.

Please uncheck NinjaScript files(!).

Uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista).

Delete the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5 folder.

Do not(!) delete the NinjaTrader Backup folder.

Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader at the link below.

Restore your settings you should be able to install additional NinjaScript files again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post kujista
                          by kujista

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 04:32 PM