Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data for periods only when connected?

Hello

I am only receiving chart data for the periods when I am connected to my data provider (Zen-fire), the expected action is for the chart to update with all data for the offline period when connected, as indeed it used to do.

For some reason, today, on my five day historical one minute chart of ES march, It will display no data prior to my time of connection today?

What to do, thanks?

JG.

Hi jj23g, welcome to the NinjaTrader support forums!

Please make sure your chart sessions are set to display the full session for the ES contract (double click in the chart to bring up the properties and check the session times entered).

Next please try to right click in the charts while connected and select 'Reload Historical Data' - is the missing data coming up now?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Bertrand, thank you.

The "Reload Historical Data" option is greyed and thus unavailable to me (this on all my charts).

The chart periods are set to 00:00, 00:00.

I have tried opening a new chart without a template. Set to 5 days hist., current day 09/02, 1 minute chart. The same happens.

Three things which may aid your investigation:

Motivation: I was seeing past day data but only for periods when connected, to try and resolve this problem I took the following action: which has resulted in my being only able to see today's when connected data.

i) I clicked Tools>Historical Data>Delete...
      ii) I changed the date from Chart>Format Data Series... from last day = today to something else, then back again. I can confirm it is currently set to today.
      iii) I attempted to reset the DB from Tools>Options>Misc.

...?!

Many Thanks, JG.

Comment

You are welcome - please check your 'Account connection' settings then if the historical data access has been enabled (Tools > Account connections > Your ZenFire connection, 'Change' > 'Next' > make sure Historical Data is enabled).

Then reconnect to ZenFire and see if the option to reload historical data is available on your charts.

Comment

I did that, all enabled. I deleted the account and re-established it, nothing worked.

So... Clean install! All working fine now.

Many thanks. JG

Comment

Thanks for reporting back and great you got it working now!

Comment

None of today's data before connecting.

I am not receiving today's data on sugar (sb 03-10) prior to connecting to zenfire. I do receive this historical data on ym, 6b, tf, gc.
              After connecting, all data is supplied.
              Is this issue specific to sb?
              If this issue cannot be corrected, will NT7 have this issue also?

Comment

Steve, not sure I follow you - before you connect, there's no backfill for the charts available -

Comment

After loading all five charts in NT, then connecting with my data provider, zenfire, four of the charts load historical data from last day's close to the time I connected to provider today. Only the sugar (sb) chart shows no data before connecting to the provider today. The first bar on the sugar chart will reflect the data provided after connection.

Comment

Steve, I see thanks for clarifying - did you try to right click on the SB chart and then 'Reload Historical Data'?

Comment

Yes, I have tried the reload feature. It merely takes me back to the first bar after I connected with zenfire.
                      I believe that zenfire states they provide only realtime data (that which is generated while connected to them). Any other data, such as market activity that same day prior to connecting to them is collected/copied/maintained by the platform, ie. in this case NT.
                      Is that the case. Does NT maintain the data on these four other products but not on sugar (sb)?

Comment

The Zenfire connection only provides historical data for the most common instruments. Unfortunately the SB is not a supported instrument for historical data. There is currently no change to this with NT7, however that may change.

To recieve historical data for this instrument you will need to connect to a data provider that supports this instrument.

I have included information below on how to obtain discounted rates and free trials from the following datafeed providers.
                        Barchart.com (subscriptions starting at $45/monthly):
                        https://www.barchart.com/register/realtime/?ID=NJA
                        IQFeed offers a 7-day free trial for NinjaTrader users.
                        https://www.iqfeed.net/ninjatrader/index.cfm?displayaction=start&promo=1717496
                        eSignal promotional rate for NinjaTrader clients:
                        http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/eSignalSpecialNinja08.pdf

Comment

Thank you for clearing this up.
                          Please consider this a request to add SB as a supported instrument for historical data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
                          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                          172 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post sidlercom80