Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pivots and indicator settings on different workspaces

Hi everybody,

I’m using different workspaces in order to better see different contracts on different timeframes. I manually enter the pivots daily on my standard workspace. When I switch to another workspace, the pivots are not displayed there. Is there a way to have the pivots displayed on every workspace, although I entered them just on one workspace?

After all, it’s the same contract. The only difference is the different workspace. I sincerely hope it won’t be necessary to re-enter them on every different workspace.

If this would be necessary right now, this needs to be quickly improved, since this concerns every user who uses different workspaces and wants the same indicator settings to be displayed there.

Hello NinjaTurtle,

You can create a chart template once you have entered the Close, High and Low manually for the Pivots indicator in one chart. Right click in the chart and select Templates-->Save As and name your template.

Load the template in other charts in other workspaces.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well, I'm already using templates. But they of course only contain the general settings I want to have displayed on the charts. But the pivots change daily.

So, as far as I understand you, you suggest, that I enter the pivots daily and then create or save a new template for each contract on a daily basis?

Since I have 10 contracts open, this would mean saving 10 different templates every day (one for each contract) and relaoding them in every different workspace.

Since I use four workspaces, this would mean, that I would have to save and load the new daily templates 40 times a day. I'm sure, this is not, what you understand by user-friendliness. Hopefully I misunderstood something there.

Just to make sure I correctly explained what I'm hoping to find as a solution: I would like to enter an indicator value (pivot) once for a given contract and have this value displayed on different workspaces if I open the same contract. The only things I change on my workspaces are the number of displayed contracts and the timeframes. This of course works for all my general settings but with the daily pivots this is a problem.

I see, that your suggested workaround would work, but that's a lot of daily work for me, just to get the pivots. So hopefully you will find something different.

Comment

Hello NinjaTurtle,

Chart templates will save the indicators applied on a chart and the chart property settings. You will need to manually enter the Close, High and Low in one chart for a certain instrument and save a template of that chart.

Load the same template in all other charts for the same instrument. This would be faster than manually enter all values for each chart.

Unfortunately there is no button or function that will have the Pivots indicator use the same values as initially entered in a chart for a certain instrument.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ScottWalsh  
        Started by olisav57, Today, 07:39 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes