How do I set up Adjustable Trading Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I set up Adjustable Trading Times

I am a new user of the Strategy Wizard. I have watched the videos and looked at the examples. There is a lot of info missing. I have made a few simple strategies and they work fine. What I haven't figured out yet is how to have a 24 hour chart(so the indicators stay smooth)but have the strategy set up to trade only certain hours. I was able to do it by setting non adjustable times in the Wizard but was unable to figure out how to make the trade times adjustable using the User Defined Inputs so I could change the times when I bring up the backtester or optimizer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Mark

Originally posted by 123r34 View Post
    I am a new user of the Strategy Wizard. I have watched the videos and looked at the examples. There is a lot of info missing. I have made a few simple strategies and they work fine. What I haven't figured out yet is how to have a 24 hour chart(so the indicators stay smooth)but have the strategy set up to trade only certain hours. I was able to do it by setting non adjustable times in the Wizard but was unable to figure out how to make the trade times adjustable using the User Defined Inputs so I could change the times when I bring up the backtester or optimizer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Mark
    Hello Mark,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately this needs to be done outside of the Wizard by unlocking the code.
    Here is an example to reference: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3226
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Couldn't he just add rules to his strategies to limit the time range a trade could be taken? He could do that in the Wizard.

Comment

Originally posted by bkout View Post
        Couldn't he just add rules to his strategies to limit the time range a trade could be taken? He could do that in the Wizard.
        Hi Bkout,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, he stated that he has already done this.

The issue is making these times a user-defined input so they can be a variable to change in optimization, which must be done outside of the wizard.
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post JonesJoker  
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        12 responses
        0 likes