Adding stock symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding stock symbols

I added yahoo as a data source to get some quotes for stocks.. How do I add to ninja trader support for stock symbols?

Originally posted by gg80108 View Post
    I added yahoo as a data source to get some quotes for stocks.. How do I add to ninja trader support for stock symbols?
    Hello,

I'm not sure I understand your question.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Yahoo finance.
    Click here to take me to the Yahoo Connection Guide

-Yahoo ONLY supports daily stock data, so you can ONLY build daily stock charts.

Once you are connected to Yahoo, open a daily chart for a stock.

See this link for information on changing symbols: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...adingData.html
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
      Hello,

I'm not sure I understand your question.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Yahoo finance.
      Click here to take me to the Yahoo Connection Guide

-Yahoo ONLY supports daily stock data, so you can ONLY build daily stock charts.

Once you are connected to Yahoo, open a daily chart for a stock.

See this link for information on changing symbols: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...adingData.html
      There doesn't seem to be anything in my instrument manager having to do with stocks,, so I can only create a futures "chart".. Is there another place to open a "stock chart"?

Comment

Originally posted by gg80108 View Post
        There doesn't seem to be anything in my instrument manager having to do with stocks,, so I can only create a futures "chart".. Is there another place to open a "stock chart"?
        Make sure it says, "Connected -- Yahoo" in green in the bottom left of your Control Center.

Try pulling up a stock in the Control Center and see if you get any high/low data in the upper left.

Also try typing a stock symbol into an already open chart, "AAPL" for example and hitting enter.
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

[QUOTE=NinjaTrader_RJStein;76489]Make sure it says, "Connected -- Yahoo" in green in the bottom left of your Control Center.

Try pulling up a stock in the Control Center and see if you get any high/low data in the upper left.

Also try typing a stock symbol into an already open chart, "AAPL" for example and hitting enter.[/QUOTEY

Got it,, guess I was making it too hard!! lol

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, 01-08-2017, 06:59 PM
          80 responses
          5 likes