Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a bug when using zen-fire as datafeed

Hello,

It seems there is a serious bug in NT when using zen-fire as datafeed. Basically on intraday charts, when NT is connected to zen-fire or reloading historical data, all historical bars are shown correctly, however the last bar on chart is built only with the realtime streaming data received after data reloading. So if I reload a 60min chart at 10:55am, the last bar corresponding to 10:00-10:59 would only be rebuilt based on trades received after 10:55, and all trades executed during 10:00-10:54 would not be reflected on charts. This is a big bug.

- Clearpicks

Hi clearpicks, thanks for your post, I could not reproduce this over here. Please try to disconnect from ZenFire and go to Tools > Historical Data > Delete and delete your stored data for the ES. After this go to Tools > Options > Misc and do a Repair DB. Then exit NinjaTrader and sync up your PC clock up.

Now reboot your PC and restart NinjaTrader, connect to ZenFire and check if you can reproduce this issue. Thanks!
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It seems it does not always happen in this way. I am so confused.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion - Did you follow the suggestions from my previous post?

Comment

I noticed the same thing but mostly in very active trading in the ES. If you reload historical around the 30 second mark, it tends not to "gap" from previous bar close.

Otherwise, in active markets, you have to reload twice within 3-5 secs of each other to eliminate the "gap" from previous bar close.

This is using 1 min bars under format data series.

Comment

Hi DmanX, please make sure you start the trading day with a properly synched PC clock and then see if the issue persists, Thanks!

Comment

Indeed, I run a sync program that checks and syncs with a NIST clock every 15 secs.

For additional trouble shooting info, I'm running NT on Vista x64, 4GB RAM and using a T9300 dual core processor @ 2.5ghz.

Comment

Thanks for the additional info, could be related to your 64 bit OS, as with NinjaTrader 6.5 we don't officially support this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                24 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post spwizard  
                Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes