using prices instead of pips/ticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using prices instead of pips/ticks

It might seem a stupid question, but I could not find the anserw by myself.
    I want to set a trade with a entry price, a stop loss price, and a target price, with a trailing stop from a certain level.
    But I want to write exact prices: I have been using the super Dom and the Chart trade, but in both you are setting pips or ticks, not EXACT PRICES.
    Ok, you can move them once entered in the trade, but sometimes you are not in front of the screen.
    In a nutshell: How to set an ordinary trade with TP and SL + trailing stop with prices instead of pips?
    Thanks!

PS: I would know how to set it in the grid with OCO, but how to add a trailing stop

Hi eswap0, you can right click in your SuperDOM and bring up the 'Properties'. Then set the 'Parameter type' to 'Price'. Now you can enter Stop and Target values as price values instead of ticks / pips. Unfortunately the autotrail stop strategy will still need to be entered in ticks / pips.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi eswap0, you can right click in your SuperDOM and bring up the 'Properties'. Then set the 'Parameter type' to 'Price'. Now you can enter Stop and Target values as price values instead of ticks / pips. Unfortunately the autotrail stop strategy will still need to be entered in ticks / pips.
      Thanks for your help, Bertrand, but that's no what I mean: I don't want to set my SL at say 0.0020 usd from my entry, but at 1.1523 usd.
      I need it because when setting a new trade you never know the real price you will be filled, but you know exactly where your SL should be.
      Thanks!

Comment

Not sure I follow you - with the paramter mode set to price, you enter your stop directly as 1.1523 in the Stop box of your custom ATM Strategy. Only if you choose to work then with the Stop Strategies (AutoTrail / AutoBreakeven) you will need to enter those in ticks / pips.
        Thanks and great weekend!

Comment

Thanks for your answer:
          Ok, its clear now, but...now my problem is that I can not set the price by writing the numbers: Super DOM only allows me to use the up and down small arrows deside the SL and PT boxes.
          It looks like a stupid question, but..how to write the numbers directly?
          I neet more than 2 minutes if I want to reach 1.1523 using the up arrow moving pip by pip.
          Thanks!
          ------------------------
          UPDATE: I just realized it only happens with currency. No problem with futures. This might be a clue...

Not sure I follow you - with the paramter mode set to price, you enter your stop directly as 1.1523 in the Stop box of your custom ATM Strategy. Only if you choose to work then with the Stop Strategies (AutoTrail / AutoBreakeven) you will need to enter those in ticks / pips.
          Thanks and great weekend!

Comment

in your ATM strategy Stop Loss box you could simply click the middle mouse button and get the last price entered then adjust as needed with the up / dn arrows.

Comment

in your ATM strategy Stop Loss box you could simply click the middle mouse button and get the last price entered then adjust as needed with the up / dn arrows.
              Thanks, it works.
              PS: Anyway, it would be great to set the price just writing...

Comment

Great you got it, thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                8 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rehmans
                by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                0 responses