Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of Communication

Hi,

First I want to say that I have been programming with NT and IB's TWS developing a muti-instrument trading system. NT is a GREAT product. I have been a subscriber for 4 months and have enjoyed your system very much. Very well Developed. (Hat tip to you).

Questions:

1. What does NT do if TWS loses connection with IB for say ... 1 - 2 minutes? (happens often overnight) Once connection is restored, does NT blast all updates that should have happened during this time or does it send FirstBars to catch up and then return to regular OnBarUpdates?

2. Your new 7.0 version once released, will it still support scripts written in 6.5? If not, how long will you provide support for the 6.5 version? I have spent alot of time coding with this release.

Thank you for a great Product !

Joe

1. If you lose connection your strategy is stopped. As you reconnect and decide to restart your strategy there is no resyncing of your strategy. This is something you will have to ensure manually.

2. NT7 for the most part will be compatible with NT6.5 scripts.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh,

Wow, you responded in less than 5 minutes. Great Customer Service!!!

Let me try to clarify my question. I am not asking what happens if NT loses connection with IB's TWS. I am discussing what happens when IB's TWS loses connection(internet outage...) with IB or stops receiving updates for awhile. Once IB starts posting updates again, how does NT respond? Does it just post the updates as IB gives it to you or does it handle it differently depending on the information load?

This is an important question as I subscibe to over 40 instruments in my trading system and could cause a serious info overload or stoppage if the outage is very long. I would need to program for this by monitoring the connection status and implementing some corrective action should this happen then. Hopefully this explains my question better.

Thanks,

Joe

Comment

Joe,

There is no difference in how NT will handle the data. It will process the data in whichever order IB sends it through as.

NT acts just like a radio receiver. Whatever is sent will be displayed and processed as received. Hope that helps.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh,

Thank you for your reply. I was just looking for a shortcut.... oh well, back to coding!

Thanks,
          Joe

Comment

join us here

Originally posted by joegwest1 View Post
            Josh,

Wow, you responded in less than 5 minutes. Great Customer Service!!!

Let me try to clarify my question. I am not asking what happens if NT loses connection with IB's TWS. I am discussing what happens when IB's TWS loses connection(internet outage...) with IB or stops receiving updates for awhile. Once IB starts posting updates again, how does NT respond? Does it just post the updates as IB gives it to you or does it handle it differently depending on the information load?

This is an important question as I subscibe to over 40 instruments in my trading system and could cause a serious info overload or stoppage if the outage is very long. I would need to program for this by monitoring the connection status and implementing some corrective action should this happen then. Hopefully this explains my question better.

Thanks,

Joe

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses