Is there any free data provider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any free data provider?

Hi, everybody! I am just introduced to Ninjatrader today.
    I remember that years ago IB used Metatrader 3 as their platform and as long as you register a demo account, you can access their live data feed. So is that still working now?

Originally posted by zehua View Post
    Hi, everybody! I am just introduced to Ninjatrader today.
    I remember that years ago IB used Metatrader 3 as their platform and as long as you register a demo account, you can access their live data feed. So is that still working now?
    Hello Zehua,

Thank you for your post and interest in NinjaTrader!

Unfortunately I am not aware of this free data from IB.

You can use the Yahoo connection for free daily stock charts, or GAIN demo for free FX data.

Also try www.zen-fire.com for their futures demo.

Once you choose one, use this link to create your connection: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...tionguides.htm
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. I have just connected to GAIN FX, and it looks like they don't have daily and weekly data?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
      Hello Zehua,

Thank you for your post and interest in NinjaTrader!

Unfortunately I am not aware of this free data from IB.

You can use the Yahoo connection for free daily stock charts, or GAIN demo for free FX data.

Also try www.zen-fire.com for their futures demo.

Once you choose one, use this link to create your connection: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...tionguides.htm
      Last edited by zehua; 02-13-2009, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Hello,

The free version license provides a simulation account for you to use. While receiving real time data and using the platform free of charge you can display charts and trade with the simulation account. The Gain connection does not provide large amounts of historical data however if you subscribed to one of our supported data feed providers from the link below historical and real time data could be available depending on which you decide to connect to.

MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi

Zenfire DEMO is delay? What is the limitation?

no free futures data of any other source?

thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi giraia_br, welcome to the NinjaTrader support forums!

There is no other limitation in the ZenFire trial feed than the expiry after your trial period.

We offer all those connections as listed in the link below -

If you have for example a trading account with the supported brokerage technologies, you could sim trade on NinjaTrader's Sim101 account with their live data.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Two questions:
              1. Why not consider to support FXCM's FX free data feed as Ensign?
              2. The simulated market is just randomly generated data, right? I think it would be more interesting to just use the historical tick data to generate the chart, because for the simulated market, we already know the directly and strength of the trend.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
              Hi giraia_br, welcome to the NinjaTrader support forums!

There is no other limitation in the ZenFire trial feed than the expiry after your trial period.

We offer all those connections as listed in the link below -

If you have for example a trading account with the supported brokerage technologies, you could sim trade on NinjaTrader's Sim101 account with their live data.

Comment

Hi,

1. You can use the free connnection to Gain - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_GAIN.htm

2. Thanks for the suggestion, you can also record Level1 and Level2 marketdata for later replay with our Market Replay function -

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks. I think Gain has too limited data. I am a position trader and when I pull out a daily chart, it is blank.

Hi,

1. You can use the free connnection to Gain - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_GAIN.htm

2. Thanks for the suggestion, you can also record Level1 and Level2 marketdata for later replay with our Market Replay function -

Thanks!

Comment

Please set the connection up by using the NinjaTrader servers for historical data access, this will give you much more backdata. Thanks!

Comment

I do have setted that up as in the tutorial, but after I launch a daily chart, it is still blank.

BTW, is there any way to playback at 4x or 10x speed, as ensign does? Or do I have to playback at the original speed?

Please set the connection up by using the NinjaTrader servers for historical data access, this will give you much more backdata. Thanks!
                      Last edited by zehua; 02-15-2009, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Do you see any errors in the Log tab of the Control Center? Just tried $EURUSD and I get a daily chart 4 yrs back quickly. Have you tried to right click in the chart and to select then 'Reload Historical Data'?

Replay speed can be varied by the user, but you have to record the data first - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/SetUp1.html

Comment

a few more questions:

1 i want to keep aways at least 11 days of tick data using GAIN. Choosing 11 in the options/data/tick is enough to guarantee it? Plus wich is the minimum interval i need to connect to GAIN to feel the gap of the last connection with the most recent data?

2 id like to do the same with Zen (demo) data, is it possible to be connected to both at the same time?

many thanks for the help.

Comment

Hi,

1. All the backfill data you download is stored in the database, the setting you refer to is just the default 'days back' value used when setting up a tick chart. I could get for example 40 days of tickdata easily with the NinjaTrader data server setup.

2. You can test ZenFire and Gain together, please keep in mind that the connection order is important: data requests will only be routed to the second connection when the first can't fulfill the request, more can be found here - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nections1.html

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion

Sorry to jump in here. I followed the instructions and got Gain 's historical to fill the charts.
                              My question is ... I would rather have MBT realtime data. So do I connect to MBT first then connect Gain or vise versa ?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jeronymite  
                              Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred