Instrument Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument Management

Hello, I use Interactive Brokers and just started with NT and am trying to download a number of securities into NT and am hitting the pacing limit quite frequently. I have a list of symbols in a market analyzer with minute indicators trying to pull historical minute data for the past 40 days or so for each of these tickers.

Is the best way to achieve this to use a market scanner and then just tell it to refresh after a bit when the pacing limit is reached? Or is there a better way to achieve this... maybe download historical data into Excel and upload it into NT?

Hi,

Are you trying to load a lot of instrument data in the Market Analyzer? If so, keep in mind there's only one entrance point where all data needs to go through to enter the market analyzer. Think of it as drinking a soda with a straw. You need to suck all soda though the straw which can take a while.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Vincent,

Thanks, yes, that is correct.

Ideally what I would like to do is get historical minute data for, say, the past 40 days or so for a list of instruments. Then I will be using the market scanner in the evenings to look for particular things on this list.

However, the first part... getting the historical data into NT... is what I am trying to figure out. Is using the market scanner the best method for this? Or should I go individually to each instrument in a chart and load the data back for the past 40 days?

Thanks!

~TZ

Comment

Of course, if there is an even better way I would like to know. I am trying to get my initial NT database going.

Comment

Hi,

Have you tried from this link?
          Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred