Help on what loads and when, into the MA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on what loads and when, into the MA

I'm just not entirely sure I have it correct yet so I thought I'd ask, as I am having minor problems loading the MA.

For some history here, I have an IB feed and I'm running 6 charts with 2-3 indicators in each chart. I also hve a minimal MA loaded in my workspace. By minimal I mean Instrument, Bid, Ask, High, Low Net Change$, Net Change % and it is set to the minimal look-back time.

I used to have a lot of "Data Loading" hangs/no shows when loading charts.

I went through many help files and the "Performance" Link page that is found in every thread ;-)

I now no longer (for the vast majority of the time anyway) have chart loading issues as I have reduced the look back time, Update on Bar Close=true, minimized Indicators, "Linked" my charts to load 3 and 3 instead of all 6 at a time, I've unchecked "Run market replay" as well as unchecked "Store real-time bar data".

I'm pretty happy with how this has worked out thus far.

I also have a fast connection and enough computing power that it will not be a problem here.

My question as mentioned in the start was about loading the MA.

I will admit I have a lot going on with it, so I'm looking for the most efficient way to do it.

I have now added to the MA in addition to the above, 4 more columns of indicators. I also have about 30 instruments, but that has not changed from the previous.

The obvious problem here is the sheer volume of data that is required to load in the MA all at once upon start-up.

What I've done since my IB feed has been tossing me a lot of Historical Data pacing over-runs, is loading a blank MA and then add 10 or so instruments at a time from an Instrument list.

This works OK, but is still extremely slow and not entirely as workable as I'd like.

So here is my question...

I am not entirely clear how the historical market data is or can be used to populate the MA as required without having to re-load the entire amount of data from IB.

I'd also like to know why I was informed for performance sake, to uncheck "Store real-time data". Would re-checking this allow for more hard-disk storing of data so as to not incur more reloading as I actually require, or am I just off base here?

Thanks for your help in advance.
    Last edited by Steve R; 02-16-2009, 09:17 PM.

Hello Steve R,

Please see the link below that will provide information how NinjaTrader loads data.

Market Analyzer data will always be loaded from your data feed upon connecting to it.

Re-checking this option will not make a difference.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Steve R,

Please see the link below that will provide information how NinjaTrader loads data.

Market Analyzer data will always be loaded from your data feed upon connecting to it.

Re-checking this option will not make a difference.
      Thx Jason.

Can you elaborate further on any method I may be missing to aid in more efficient loading of the data in the MA, or am I already doing all that can be done?

Comment

From what I read in your initial post you already performed most instructions from the performance link. You could check for workspaces running in the background.

You might want to consider less amount of bars as historical data as per the Market Analyzer in its properties menu. Make sure you request enough bars for your indicators to be calculated.

In addition, NinjaTrader 7 will be improved in regards to resource management; its beta version is expected to be released the second quarter of 2009.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Excellent.

Looking forward to version 7!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse