Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with ATM strategies and MBTrading

HI

I was trying to use some ATM strategies to enter and manage orders via MBTrading. Usually, I configured it to place a stop loss order as well as a profit target limit order.

The problem is, it always executes my order, but then there is an error related to the exit orders and the strategy stops executing (i then have to manage it manually).

I believe it is because MBTrading will not allow to live exit orders, but im not sure? I tried to right click on the DOM and select simulated orders, but this didn't seem to fix it. Any idea what i am doing wrong here?

Also, on a related note, I have an automated ninjascript strategy that I'm also running against MBTrading. Right now, I manage all the stop loss logic in my script, and i dont place any orders until the stop loss is tripped.

I would like to change this to place a server side stop loss order at the time the order is placed to serve as a catastrophic failure stop loss (e.g. if i lose connection). Unfortunately, I think when i tried this i got an error similar to above at the point when my script tried to execute my exit market order (failed because there was alreayd a live stop loss order).

Any advice is appreciated.

thanks

Hello bridenour,

Could you please send me your log and trace file for a date the rejection of your ATM orders occurred. You can find these files at the following location:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20090217 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20090217 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

It seems OCO orders you submit are not supported using the broker/exchange combination.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post bmartz
    by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
    4 responses