Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Privacy

Hi-

Does anyone know whether a broker can see your OWN Ninjatrader charts that you have on YOUR machine....from their end? In other words, I want to know if the brokers can "peek" at my ninjatrader charts unsolicited.

I want to keep my indicators and methods proprietary, and I am concerned that my brokers may be able to view my Ninjatrader charts unbeknownst to me.

Hello monti1a,

This is not possible. It is not possible to display your charts running on your machine from a different machine.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'd be more worried about the indivduals employed by a broker, than the firms themselves.

Some brokers tech support teams use remote control programs (e.g., GoToMyPC or LogMeIn) to assist non-technical users in setting up their systems, and these programs do allow them to see what's on your screen. In that case, if you have given your broker a password so they could connect to your system, there is a possibility that they could later connect to your system unbeknownst to you. But in general these programs are designed to prevent that type of use.

The way to make sure, is if you've ever given permission for their tech support people to connect to your system, then change your password.

And if you're really feeling paranoid (remember just because you can't tell if they're watching doesn't mean that they're not -- ooops, that probably didn't help ), then de-install the program that was used to make any such tech-support connection to your desktop.

Other techniques involving the use of firewalls to prevent access from undesired locations (or better, allowing access only from specific IP address and port combinations) can also be used.

Comment

Originally posted by KBJ View Post
        I'd be more worried about the indivduals employed by a broker, than the firms themselves.

Some brokers tech support teams use remote control programs (e.g., GoToMyPC or LogMeIn) to assist non-technical users in setting up their systems, and these programs do allow them to see what's on your screen. In that case, if you have given your broker a password so they could connect to your system, there is a possibility that they could later connect to your system unbeknownst to you. But in general these programs are designed to prevent that type of use.

The way to make sure, is if you've ever given permission for their tech support people to connect to your system, then change your password.

And if you're really feeling paranoid (remember just because you can't tell if they're watching doesn't mean that they're not -- ooops, that probably didn't help ), then de-install the program that was used to make any such tech-support connection to your desktop.

Other techniques involving the use of firewalls to prevent access from undesired locations (or better, allowing access only from specific IP address and port combinations) can also be used.
        Thanks KBJ and Jason...great information.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 04:32 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 05:56 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post Jltarrau