Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBTrading order handeling

Hi

I'm looking to purchase a lifetime license, but need clarification on the following:

1. I'm looking to implement an automated strategy that's consisting of OCO's, trailing and normal stop loss orders, and take profit orders

- if i loose connection while there is open orders in the market, will they excute or do I need to be connected all the time?
    -does the OCO's execute correctly with MBTrading as Navigator doesn't support OCO's directly?

2. If I'm not happy with the life trading execution via Ninjatrader

-Is there a cancellation policy that I can fall back on?

Cheers

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1.) See this link for where your orders reside: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=5349
    -If the order is at the exchange/server, it can be executed if you are not connected to NinjaTrader.
    -Since OCO orders are simulated on your PC with an MBT connection, they will NOT be triggered if you lose connection.

2.) You will have to contact sales AT NinjaTrader DOT com for the current policy.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the info, just to make sure i get this straight

so even if i don't lose connection, if a trade has executed, i have to then manually close the remaining open orders on MBT's Navigator?

Comment

Hello Sunshine777,

These open orders will execute if they reside at the exchange or MBTrading's server when NinjaTrader is disconnected. If the order had an ATM strategy attached, it will not trigger if NinjaTrader is disconnected, since OCO functionality is simulated on your PC.

I am not sure if I follow your latest inquiry. I am not sure why you would close the remaining open orders. If an OCO order is hit, the related OCO order should cancel automatically.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

what i meant is

if the strategy says buy when conditionA is triggered with TP order and SL order, BUT reverse position if another conditionB is triggered (so neither TP or SL has been triggered of conditionA at the point of reversal)

then the TP and SL orders will still be open for conditionA although the position reversed and on top of that the new TP and SL orders will be placed for the new reversed position in Navigator as well.

so I have to manually cancel conditionA's TP and SL orders?

hopes it makes more sense

Comment

Upon reversing a position, the existing stop loss and profit target will cancel automatically. However I can only speak in regards of discretionary trading. I am not sure if the same applies upon using an automated strategy. I suggest to test the strategy in simulation and check upon reversal if the existing stop loss and profit target is cancelled upon closing the current position and taking a reverse position.

Comment

I've tested it in simulation with MB connection and it works fine, problem is if I wanna test it in a life simulation environment I need to purchase the license first
              and as the whole purpose of placing/executing orders via Ninjatrader is to be able to cancel all relevant orders to a specific trade upon a reversal, I prefer trying to find this fact out before I spend money :-)

Comment

Unfortunately the free license will only allow you to trade the sim101 account. If you like to trade any other account in our software, you will need to purchase a subscription.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post giulyko00  
                Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes