Ninjatrader keeps downloading data it already has

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please consider what Jason stated:
    >> For instance this one: The database contains no data within 3 days of the “From” date.

This e.g. could happen as - on an empty DB - you request data for the 2008-01-01 and your data provider just does not have data so far back, then NT would keep retrying to get data from there on every request.

Comment

cunparis,

Having the last day is not the ONLY criteria for if to load data. You need to be sure ALL of them are not hit for it to not load data.

Please ensure ALL of these conditions are not hit: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html

If even one is then you will load data.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
        Please consider what Jason stated:
        >> For instance this one: The database contains no data within 3 days of the “From” date.

This e.g. could happen as - on an empty DB - you request data for the 2008-01-01 and your data provider just does not have so much data back, then NT would keep retrying to get data from there on every request.
        ok I misunderstood "from" as "end". But if this is the case, when I don't change the date and I rerun the test it didn't go to IQFeed.

It getting hung when there is no data within 3 days of the FROM is also a problem. As it is now, it's stuck on the "loading data" for over 10 minutes now and I'm going to have to exit NT and restart. Fortunately the market is closed but when that happens during market hours it's especially troublesome.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
          cunparis,

Having the last day is not the ONLY criteria for if to load data. You need to be sure ALL of them are not hit for it to not load data.

Please ensure ALL of these conditions are not hit: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html

If even one is then you will load data.
          Looks like we solved the problem. I might add that it's really hard to know when the data starts. Basically I have to do trial and error and when I'm wrong then I often have to exit NT and restart. So I think there is some improvements to be made here but at least now I understand why it's loading data.

Thanks

Comment

A quick way to know where your data starts is to disconnect from your feed and open a chart dating back very far. Scroll to the very left and then that is the first date of available data in your database.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
              A quick way to know where your data starts is to disconnect from your feed and open a chart dating back very far. Scroll to the very left and then that is the first date of available data in your database.
              I do this a lot. But my problem is finding out where IQFeed's data starts, because if I ask for data before theirs starts, NT seems to hang for long periods of time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Belfortbucks  
              Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post zstheorist