Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Connection

Hi,

1. When one loses connection with an open position what will happen to one's trading position?

2. Assuming if the trade is still working, will it recover automatically when one starts NinjaTrader again?

Hello ek1688,

1. It will remain.

2. Are you referring to protective orders regarding the open position? If so, it depends on the connectivity provider and the order status if the order is located at the exchange or broker upon a disconnection. More information can be found at the link below.
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

The position itself will be displayed once reconnected if not closed.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1. noted

2. Trading E-Mini at CME using Mirus Futures and RCG.
      So will my OCO order reside with CME? If so, then I can submit more OCO orders and sleep soundly.

Comment

The link I included states OCO functionality is simulated on your PC with Zen-Fire. Only when an order receives an accepted or working status, it will reside at the exchange or broker.

Comment

I am adding my question here because it seem related to this thread:

If the strategy is stopped, NT crashes, or the PC requires a reboot, the Stop Loss and Profit Target are still with the broker/exchange, but the OCO linkage between the two is lost. Is there a way to reconstruct this link when reopening NT, maybe using the tokens of the two orders recorded in a log file we write from the strategy?

My purpose is to be set up a disaster recovery procedure other than simply ringing up our broker and asking "please close all our positions".

Thanks.

Comment

Hello mdm72,

Can you please tell me what connectivity provider you are connected to.

Does the behavior occur on a constant base; the ATM strategy orders lose their OCO functionality once residing at the server and you experience a disconnection.

Comment

I am currently using Zen-Fire, about to switch to Trading Technolgies. I raised the issue not because the disconnection has actually occurred, but in the event of a crash of NT or my PC. I start the OCO from a strategy; what happens to the OCO (sitting on my PC both for Zen-fire and TT) when I restart NT after a crash? Is it reloaded from some local backup on my PC? Thanks.

Comment

Unfortunately, it will be lost.

Comment

All right, I can take that. My question is then the following: after I recover from the crash of my PC the two orders will still be sitting on the exchange (if none of them was filled in the meantime). Can I reconstruct manually the OCO connection of the two from NT? Maybe keeping track of the token code?

Comment

Unfortunately this is not supported. You can submit an OCO order once the entry order is filled using the instructions in the link below.

Comment

Jason,

I am trying to understand this.

When a bracket order is placed along with the entry and the entry is filled, now do we have two 'working' orders or only one? I always thought that the profit target and the stop loss orders are both 'working' but I sometimes see that in the control center under the orders tab, only one of them is highlighted in green as 'working'. If so, can you clarify which one is working?

And as a follow up, is only the working order residing in the exchange? Does this mean the other order has not been placed at the exchange?

Also what does it mean the OCO connection is lost, does this mean, if my PC fails during an open position, both orders are at the exchange and DO NOT cancel the other one if one gets filled?

Please calrify these points as I am using auto trader and this is very important. My connection is through Mirus/Zen-Fire/RCG.

Thank you in advance.

sourcem

Comment

Hello sourcem,

You will have two working orders providing your ATM strategy makes use of an stop loss and profit target. It is also possible to submit an ATM strategy consisting of a stop loss only; in that case you would have only one working order.

The order that states 'working' in the State column, has a working status. What status does the other order display? Could it be 'accepted'?

The link below displays in most cases orders with an 'accepted' status reside at the exchange/broker as well.
                        Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

Yes, one order would cancel if the other fills when both orders reside at the exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                          Hello sourcem,

You will have two working orders providing your ATM strategy makes use of an stop loss and profit target. It is also possible to submit an ATM strategy consisting of a stop loss only; in that case you would have only one working order.

The order that states 'working' in the State column, has a working status. What status does the other order display? Could it be 'accepted'?

The link below displays in most cases orders with an 'accepted' status reside at the exchange/broker as well.

Yes, one order would cancel if the other fills when both orders reside at the exchange.
                          Thank you, Jason.

This is good news and also very important since I use auto trading and can possibly lose connectivity.

I do want to double confirm a few items:

1. You mentioned ATM but my auto tradig software specifically is not designed with ATM order placement capability but all it does is a OCO bracket order for exit at the time of entry.

I assume your remarks hold good anyway, right?

2. Yes, I checked that while one order is highlighted in green as working , the other one is marked 'accepted', so we are good on that.

3. The link in your post specifically states that for Zen-Fire, the OCO functionality is 'simulated' at the local PC and not at the exchange but you have mentioned that even at the exchange, if one order is filled in the bracket, then the other one WILL be cancelled ( which is what the OCO is all about) So which is correct, your statement or the link in your post?

Please confrim all of the above and thank you once again,

sourcem

Comment

Hi,

Jason is out today and will respond on Monday when he's back in the office.

In the mean time have a great weekend.
                            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
                              Hi,

Jason is out today and will respond on Monday when he's back in the office.

In the mean time have a great weekend.
                              Jason, can you respond to my last post below this reply, now that you are back?

Thanks,
                              sourcem

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post WHICKED
                              by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM