Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backtesting Not Producing Data

Evening everyone,

This is the first time I have used NinjaTrader, or really, anything similar. I am trying to simply back test some of the provided strategies, but cannot seem to get it to work.

I am currently on a free trial of IQFeed, and as far as I know the feed is up and running. When I do File>Connect>IQFeed, I get streaming intraday quotes. If its not connected, I dont get any quotes, so I'm guessing the feed is fine.

Anyway, I have watched a bunch of videos and read almost the entire tutorial, but still cannot get this to work.

I have played with a variety of dates etc, on many different symbols, but none produce any actual results. The computer pops up the loading window, when I do longer time periods, it stays up for longer, and then says saving, but never actually gives any results.

Any ideas what could be going wrong?

Hi Loren1711, welcome 'on' NinjaTrader then!

Do you see a complete chart after you go to File > New > Chart?

Please try a minute chart on a common symbol such as the ES 03-09 contract and select a low days back setting such as 5.

If the charts displays properly then, right click in your chart and add the SampleMACrossover strategy provided by us - you should see trades disaplyed then.

Please also check this - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...romAChart.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay, I can open a chart. I tried a bunch of different configs, like 20 day minute charts etc, 10 day 5 min charts and they all come up in full.

I'm guessing this is where the problem is coming up. I can right click, select strategies, but when I apply the sample MA one, nothing shows up on the chart. Same goes for all the other sample indicators.

No idea if this will help, but heres a screenshot of two strategies I am trying to apply to the chart. The first is an included one, the second is one I made following a tutorial.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Hopefully this helps. Let me know if you need any more information.

Loren

Comment

Oh oh, I got it to show the entries on the chart. Dumb mistake on my part.

Give me a few minutes to read that tutorial you posted and I shall return.

Comment

You are welcome - just a double click and you have them in the 'Applied' strategies window and they are active, same would go for indicators.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post elirion
          by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
          0 responses